19 | the hate u give; none

based loosely off of a scene from the hate u give. also the plot isn't the same.

- cait

-

daniel stared down at the light wood of the picnic table he was currently waiting at. his best friend, corbyn, should be here soon.

as he waited, daniel thought about how crazy life has been. he was finally accepted into a private school, which would help him with not only academics but the powers he gained after a chemical leak that affected 50% of kids his age.

kids like him were freaks, considered dangerous and subject to a lot of police brutality.

daniel looked up when he heard footsteps coming. corbyn was heading over quickly, shying away dramatically every single time a kid with powers came anywhere near him.

"you're being a little rude about it, corbyn." daniel said softly to his blonde friend. "you can't even see that you're being rude. why aren't you scared of me?"

"you're different, daniel." corbyn's eyes were unforgiving as daniel stood up to come nose to nose with his 'friend'.

"what am i? the non-threatening gay guy?"

twisting his mouth, corbyn started to nod.
"yeah. you're different. your brother wasn't. he was a killer. someone was probably going to kill him eventually."

hearing the conversation, their other friend zach stalked up to them.

"are you serious corbyn?"

corbyn barely spared him a glance. "yes."

the three of them stood facing each other aggressively, a few 'normal' students starting towards them to defend corbyn.

finally, corbyn spoke.

"the officer did see a power charger-"

"he saw a hairbrush!" daniel shouted.

"it looked like a charger!"

daniel couldn't believe his friend. corbyn was being completely insensitive and rude.

his burning eyes took in a hairbrush sitting in corbyn's bag, which was resting on his shoulder.

he reached out and snatched it, holding it up as corbyn flinched.

"what is this right now in my hand that i'm holding? is this a charger?"

"no. in his hand, yes."

zach stood by nervously, staying away from the normal kids but not letting them too close. daniel was screwed if he did.

"what about in my hand?"

something was about to happen. the air was thick with tension as daniel weighed his options. what he was going to do next could risk not only his career in school, but possibly his life.

he surged forward and got into corbyn's pretty little face. he made himself as big as possible, throwing up his arms and waving the hairbrush around.

"what about in my hand? huh? huh!?" corbyn was stumbling back as daniel advanced, normals crying out and quickening their pace to their kin.

"is this a charger? am i going to kill you!?" daniel stuck the hairbrush in front of corbyn's eyes. "get down, corbyn! get down!"

corbyn fell back harshly, hitting the mulch covered ground as he began to cry, pathetic little whimpers. "stay down, or i'm going to zap you! stay down, i'll kill you! does this still not look like a charger?"

corbyn hid his face as zach and jonah went to hold back some of the normals.

"look into my face, corbyn. stop crying and look into my face."

corbyn sobbed pitifully, studying the new, scary daniel through his long lashes. a small cut was slowly starting to bleed a little on his porcelain-looking cheek.

"you're pathetic." before he could turn around, two strong arms grabbed him and snatched away the hairbrush.

daniel was dragged away with jonah and zach as a boy named jack rushed forward to help a shaking corbyn up.

"he's being rude! let me go! i was proving a point!"

the last thing daniel saw before a zap hit his neck was corbyn picking up the hairbrush and throwing it in the trash can, letting jack help him to the nurse. the blonde's shoulders were shaking horribly as daniel realized what he did.

but he felt no regret, only fear.

-

i have like two books goin now and like one on hold but lmao should i make this a book?