18 | Area 51; none

written by: cait :)
be prepared to be sPOOkEd

-

jonah walked down the long hallway on his way to the front entrance, chatting lightly with his coworker daniel seavey.

suddenly, a young blonde boy who seemed to be around seven years old stepped out from behind a corner of one of the branching out corridors.

"daddy, the bosses have been getting very angry." he stated, his voice slightly reedy and emotionless.

jumping back a bit, jonah grabbed onto daniel's arm.

"how'd you get in here, kid? this is a restricted government building." daniel stated. he let his voice drop a few octaves to seem more commanding, one of their other co workers named jack trying to herd the young boy closer to the entrance.

"no. the bosses are angry that you crashed the ship. you were discovered, daddy. now i have to take you back home."

jonah breathed in shakily. "kid, you're going to have to go back home. where're your parents?"

quietly behind him, daniel brought a walkie talkie up to his mouth and called another worker named zach.

"there's a kid in corridor 4, few feet away from the unnamable species chamber." he muttered. the black box crackled before exploding.

the young boy's eyes glowed white as he stepped closer to the men.

"stay back!" jack cried.

"you need to come back home, daddy. the bosses are very angry, you've been gone for too long now."

"kid, where are you from?" daniel yelled over the commotion as jack tried to back away from the boy, who had a weird echoing scream coming out of him while his mouth was closed.

"you are coming home daddy, mommy will be happy." whispers surrounded the men as they backed away.

jonah's walkie talkie crackled loudly, zach's voice coming out nervously.

"jonah, there's two cages empty in the unnameable species chamber that were originally in use."

the boy lunged forward and grabbed jonah's arm, furious roars being let out of the boy's small body.

"come home, daddy! you can't stay with the humans forever!"

the lights blinked off, jack and daniel screaming as a bright light flashed.

when the lights blinked back on, the corridor was empty besides the two men, jonah and the young boy gone.

whispers slowly faded away, the screams but a dying echo ringing in their ears.