21| santa

sksk hi this one ain't creepy
-

"shh! oh my gosh, babe you're such a loud walker!" daniel hissed.

jonah threw his hands up irritably. "you're the one rustling all the wrapping paper around."

the married couple continued to bicker until a voice cut through the dark of the dining room.

"what're you two doing?" their eldest son, jack, was standing at the bottom of the stairs and watching his father's push each other around (quietly, of course).

"oh, good! help us put these gifts out for zach and corbyn. santa got them a lot this year!" his eyes lighting up in understanding, jack eagerly began to help them move big and small presents under the tree, and last minute wrapping a few.

when it came to his brothers, jack was definitely in. there was just something about watching their little faces light up on christmas morning when they saw how much santa got them.

"ow! fuck you, jonah!" daniel quickly took note of his son staring at him in surprise. "er—frick you, jonah! quit stepping on my toe!"

"sorry babe."

"daddy? papa? jack?" the three of them froze at the sudden small voice coming from the kitchen. "what're you guys doin? did santa come yet?"

jack blocked his younger brother from going into the living room, guiding him towards the fridge to grab him a glass of milk.

"why are you up, corbs? i'm not sure if santa came yet, we were just checking."

"zach was snoring and i thought i heard santa. d'you think he got me that telescope? oh, i hope he did!"

jack made sure to warm the milk and put honey into it. if corbyn got riled up, zach wouldn't be too far behind him in no time and the two boys would tear down the house waiting and looking for santa.

"shh, corbs. here, take your milk into your room and try to sleep again. i know zach's a loud snorer but you gotta pull through," jack helped his now swaying brother up the stairs and into the last bedroom in the hall. "can you do that for me?"

"yeah, jacky! see you in the morning, i hope santa got you lots of gifts!"

jack smiled as one of the two lights of his life hummed quietly in his room before it faded away to soft breathing. "goodnight, corbyn."

-

zach blinked his eyes open.

oh my gosh! it was christmas!

he screamed as loud as humanly possible and tore out of bed.

corbyn needed to be up too!

speaking of, a matching scream came from the room across the hall while thumps and cries of alarm echoed from two other rooms.

"merry christmas, corbyn!" zach yelled at his brother, who was at the top of the stairs and whining for jack to hurry up with the video camera. he wanted to go down and see!

"okay guys. ready, let's go see!"

the family of five headed down the carpeted stairs together, christmas cheer brightening up the house and their smiles.

-

merry christmas/kwanza/hanukkah guys! hope it's a good one <3