04 | i don't; zonah

ship: zonah beach
warnings: nein
author: cait
so how bout that hooked

-

zach peeked around the pew, heart beating fast. jonah started to lean towards corbyn, a smile gracing his beautiful face.

it looked fake.

zach felt bad for corbyn, he really did. the blonde boy looked happy, the happiest he ever has.
but jonah wasn't, and zach wasn't about to let the boy he loves marry someone he doesn't.

"are there any objections?"

this was it.

the moment.

zach stood up, hands shaking, cheeks burning.

time slowed as jonah made eye contact with him. surprise spread over his face, but zach saw the happiness.
unfortunately, corbyn was quite the opposite.

he studied zach's face, and as soon as he saw the determination, he knew he had already lost jonah.

"i object." every single guest whirled around to face zach, surprise and utter anger taking over. "excuse me? this is my son we're-" "i object. jonah, i love you, and you love me. not corbyn. we are made for each other, and you know it. come with me, jonah. we don't need anything but each other."

corbyn looked at jonah. the boy was clearly going to go, there was no denying it.

"just go, jonah." he whispered. "what?" turning to him, jonah's eyebrows raised.
"you clearly feel more for him than you've ever felt for me. just-just go." corbyn felt tears start rolling down his eyes. "but corbyn-" "just go away, jonah! go with zach." patting corbyn on the shoulder, jonah jogged to zach.

"we gotta go, zach." "what about corbyn?" "i don't think he's ever gonna talk to us again, zach. we pretty much just ruined his life." "but-" "let's just go, babe. we'll try to make amends later." "okay."

the two of them jogged out, hearing footsteps coming up fast behind them. "stop! you just betrayed my son!" mr. besson was running after him. "go, go, go!"

the two hopped into zach's car and pulled out of the parking lot quickly.

"this was so bad zach. you're lucky i love you."
"i know. we're getting married like right now. let's elope." chuckling, jonah took zach's hand. "i still feel really bad." "we'll fix it together, babe. let's just take it one step at a time." "one step at a time." zach repeated.

-

"any objections?"

complete utter silence as jonah and zach kissed.

-

oh damn poor corbyn.

whatever.

just kidding.

sorry that it was so short.