Chapter 3.

Remy A. Taylor

I walked into my home around ten that night and tried to quietly get into my room but as always, my mother was on my case.

"Remy Anastasia Taylor, where the fuck have you been coming in so late on a school night?"

I internally groaned as she flicked the lights and I turned to face her.

"I had to stay after school and after that I went out to eat with Dayvid and Tori. I made sure they got home before I came here." I explained to her, which was only partly true.

We went out on the town, really just talking and wasting gas until we got bored.

"Oh, you mean the sweet boy and the fast one. Why don't you find some better friends? Some smart, pretty, females."

My mother was bent on me becoming a doctor or Miss America like her and my father but it would be a cold day in hell before I went to school for 12 more years to be elbows deep in blood.

And don't get me started on how she felt about my friends. I wouldn't say she hated gay men but since we attended church frequently she thought it was wrong to like the same sex. As for Tori, she thought she was a whore.

Little did she know that I was damn near the same.

"I am perfectly fine with the friends I have, ma. Can I go to bed now?" I asked.

"Whatever." She rolled her eyes before going back to her room that she shared with my dad.

I sighed long and hard before taking my shoes off, making my way to the safe haven of my bedroom.

I settled into bed before looking up at the ceiling.

For some unknown reason I started to cry.

At night when I was alone in bed I had the tendency to overthink everything. The silence was suffocating which was why I spent so much of my time with my friends.

Clearly I wasn't close with my parents and I didn't have a lot of friends. I was beginning to think it was my fault. Nobody wanted to be around somebody who had this negative bubble around them 24/7. I acted a certain way in public so I wouldn't appear weak but the truth was I was hurting, so bad.

My parents argued a lot about everything and my mom would be so upset about it that she took it out on me, even if she didn't think so or realize it.

And my dad buried him self in work, all he knew was money, and all he wanted was more of it, so at home I didn't get attention or family time.

Outside of home, things weren't any better. I felt like people hated me for being myself. Being smart was suddenly a flaw and I'd been bullied throughout my entire life for being "too skinny" or a know it all or for really existing.

I wasn't that bad looking if I could say so myself. And you wouldn't think I got picked on for something so senile as looks but I did, for a long time. And it took a toll on me up til my teen years.

I felt like I didn't belong no matter where I went. I know Dayvid and Tori both care about me but I feel like a burden even to them sometimes. And I don't know why I had these bad thoughts or how to stop them.

"My life is falling apart before it even starts." I whispered to no one in particular. Eventually I cried myself into a dreamless sleep.

Omniscient

As Remy fell asleep, August's hunger was awakening.

He sat in his hotel room, staring down at the card resting on his nightstand that had Quincy's number on it.

He didn't want to fall back into the same shit that had him running from the police to begin with but his hands were itching. He needed his own everything.

And this was his quickest and easiest way to get it.

He picked up the phone and Quincy answered,

"Mr. Alsina."

"Let's talk business."

Quincy laughed, glad that he had taken up his offer, "Never over the phone. Meet me in my office tonight."

August hung up the phone before taking his gun off the dresser and sliding it in the back of his pants, since he was already fully clothed he made his way out of the hotel and downstairs to his car.

That fateful night 3 years ago flashed in his mind as he drove the familiar road to where Quincy's office was located.

August had killed many people before that night but this kill was very different. Because he lost the girl he was in love with the same night.

"You mean to tell me you love this little ass nigga more than me Nay?" The faceless, hooded man growled into the ear of the helpless woman he held in his grasp, a gun pointed to her head.

"It's not like that, I promise it isn't. August please dont let him kill me, please." The woman cried out, her face streaked with tears but her features blurred. Was it his foggy memory or his own tears blinding the events unfolding in front of him?

Both men held their guns, August's aiming for the man who was holding his lover captive.

"Don't talk to that bitch ass boy, I'm talking to you! I gave you and this nigga a piece of every fucking thing I had and this what the fuck yall doing behind my back?" He spat when he talked.

"Man just let da girl go and we can handle this like men." August spoke calmly but on the inside he was losing it. His opponent was known to be trigger happy and two of the most important people in his life lives were in danger.

His soon to be wife and his unborn child.

"Fuck that!"

As the gunshot echoed in his head, August came to a screeching hault in his car, his body covered in sweat and tears in his eyes.

"Fuck." He cursed to himself, resting his head against the steering wheel. Passing cars blew their horns but he couldn't stop his hands from shaking long enough to drive.

Naomi was everything he'd ever had and she was taken away from him.

What would she think about him going back to what ruined him to begin with?

He got himself together before continuing to drive to Quincy's place of business, finding himself pulling into the driveway and standing in front of the man sooner than expected.

"You of all people know how I operate and I need you on my side, once again," Quincy was explaining to August what his job would be as the two of them sat alone, Quincy pacing in front of him. So far, he liked everything he was hearing, "Top ranks, all access, you name it you got it as long as you can do what I ask in a cleanly fashion. And I can promise you I'll never put you in a situation like you were in before. Naomi was beautiful, God rest her soul."

August clenched his jaw, as he did every time someone mentioned her, before nodding.

"So I take that as you're accepting my offer?" Quincy began smiling, rubbing his hands together.

"Yea, I'm in."

Authors Note

Soooo I'm still trying to completely set up Aug's backstory and whatnot so bare with me, other than that how do ya'll feel about what happened to him? How do you think Naomi died? Comment & most definitely Vote.