Chapter 34

EXCUSE the hell out of that ugly dude in the BACK.

Remy. A Taylor

"Okay tell me what the fuck is going on." I said still holding the phone to my ear.

"Apparently some people were hanging out by the lake, you know, and she washed up on shore. She was naked and unrecognizable they had to do a dental sample or some shit." Dayvid explained to me as August ran around the room, grabbing our things and packing them back up.

"Wow. That's insane. Okay well hold on Dayvid, August is acting like a crazy man and he says we'll be on our way back home soon. I'll be over there as soon as we touch down."

"Okay girl. I don't even know how to feel." He said.

"Me either," I hung up and stood out of bed, "Now what on Earth are you doing?"

"So yo la' friend was informin' on Quincy ta Miles. Now they can't find his ass and dey askin me ta come back and assist. We ain't gotta worry about ya parents no mo' right? So why not?" He explained to me.

"So we're going to the people that want to kill the both of us. That makes sense. What are we going to tell your mom. We really just got here and you wanna leave."

"Leave?" Ms. Sheila appeared in the doorway.

"Mama, I can explain."

"You just got here. Me and Remy been bondin' and you wanna leave? For what?" Her voice was raising and I was totally on her side.

"It's business mama." August mumbled.

"Business my ass! You've been saying that to me since you were a little boy and I'm not stupid August Anthony. I know what you do isn't legal in the slightest bit. You're a grown man and I can't control you but just know your mama hates your business with every bone in ha body!"

She stormed off and August went after her.

I sighed and went to finish packing. All of this was becoming so overwhelming. What could I really do to help?

Leave August.

I love August. He is like my best friend. We've been through too much. And if I did leave, where would I go? Dayvid's? So the people who are after me can go after him, too?

Go to the police.

I had a strong feeling Quincy wouldn't like that. And they'd been doing a hell of a job so far.

And who had killed Tori? She wasn't the best person but she didn't deserve to be beaten and left in a lake. Nobody did.

Okay maybe Miles.

Suddenly I was overcome with nausea and ran to the bathroom to throw up.

After what felt like forever and a day, I sat up to clean myself and went to lay back down.

Nobody else was going through this shit. This had to be some BET shit.

August returned and grabbed our bags, "The uber outside mama, let's go."

I nodded grabbing my coat and going downstairs, seeing Ms. Sheila finishing up her cleaning in the kitchen.

"We're about to head out Ms. Sheila." I whispered.

"Come give me a hug, baybeh." She turned, drying her hands and opening her arms to me.

I went to hug Ms. Sheila goodbye and it seemed like she didn't want to let me go.

"I know my boy is into some dangerous things Remy. And I know ya'll are walking right into the fire. Please, I'm begging you and praying to God, please come back to me. Alive and unharmed." She spoked with tears in her eyes.

"I promise, Ms. Sheila."

"Please. Call me mama."

August A. Alsina

"So you mean ta tell me, ya'll don't have dat nigga?" I paced back and forth, on the phone with Niko.

"Nah, man. Some way, somehow he knew we was coming and it was a whole shit show. Niggas shootin' and shit. Nobody got hurt but police everywhere."

"Aight, we finna be on the plane in an hour. See you soon nigga." We ended the call just as Remy and my mama came out, both lookin' red in the face and teary eyed.

"Ya'll please be safe. Love you, Aug." My maw wrapped me in a tight hug before letting go, letting Remy and I climb into the uber.

I gave the driver instructions to go to the airport and Remy got comfortable with her head on my chest.

"How you feel baybeh?" I asked her.

"I don't know. It's hard to explain, I'm not sad but I'm not happy. I feel stuck. And what happened to Tori was.."

"What happened ta ha?" I was confused.

"Nobody told you? They found her dead in a lake, Aug." She said and I sat back, shocked.

Somethin' wasn't right. Somebody tell MJ we afta' him, and the same week Tori show up dead?

"We'll figure it out, mamas."

Authors Note

Short as hell I KNOW but the next chapter will hopefully be better. Had to get something out there due to yall being the best readers ever. 50k reads I wanna thank the lordt! Keep voting, commenting most definitely, ya'll have me rolling. Add it to ya'll list, share with friends I want a mill.