Chapter 38

Remy A. Taylor

"Are you comfortable mommy?" I smiled sweetly down at a restrained Emily Taylor.

"I bet this just makes you so damn happy."

After my mother was released from the hospital my father and I had her committed to a mental hospital. She just needed some real help that we couldn't provide for her.

"This makes me extremely happy Emily. After all the people you hurt, you're the one who came out at the bottom. Paralyzed and locked up for the rest of your life. And luckily, this will be your last time seeing mine or my dad's face. Isn't that just wonderful?" I tapped her face roughly and she looked up at me.

"Remy, you couldn't possibly leave me here by myself. I'll die. Alone." She pleaded to me.

"Tori died alone. Miles died alone. Chris died alone. Laila died alone. Your marriage died alone. Because of you. And you'll rot in hell. You'll never see me graduate, or go to college, you'll never see your grandkids. Nothing. So have a nice life, Emily."

I turned to leave as she yelled after me. I was done with my mothers whole existence. She'd ruined mine and several other lives.

She had to be stopped and now she was stopped forever.

"And this is your graduation class of 2019!"

I cheered along with the rest of my classmates as we threw a caps into the air and Dayvid ran to embrace me.

I'd done it. I'd graduated.

By the skin of my teeth but I still did it.

"Congratulations, you two." Kennedi said as she approached Dayvid and I.

She shifted uncomfortably under Dayvid's angry glare, "Bitch why are you in my damn face. My day was going good til a ugly bitch named Kennedi decided to walk her punk ass over here and fuck it up."

"I know I have no right to be speaking to ya'll but we're grown now, we should leave the past where it's at." She looked at her hands as she fiddle with the bracelet around her arm.

"Bitch we been grown that's you who been acting like a dumb ass k.." I covered Dayvid's mouth mid sentence cause I knew thats the only way he'd shut up.

"Why you tryna be friendly now?" I asked.

"After what happened to Tori it brought me to my senses. Everything we did to each other was childish."

"We? Bitch all I ever did was breathe and you had some shit to say. It's a shame it took my best friend dying for you to realize you and your ugly ass friends were in the wrong, now get the fuck out my face."

August appeared next to me and looked Kennedi up and down, "Ya can't hear?"

She shuffled off and I turned to him with the biggest smile.

"Baby, I graduated! I'm grown now."

"Me and you know, you been grown way before now." He wiggled his eyebrows at me and I pushed him playfully.

"Wassup, Remy! Quincy sends these and says congrats." Niko handed me a bouquet of roses with money tucked into the petals and I thanked him, amazed that Quincy would do something like this.

"That nigga always gotta upstage somebody. I just got you a damn tennis bracelet." Sean sulked, handing me the box.

"Just a tennis bracelet baby that right there cost a car note." Dayvid said making us all laugh.

"So what ya'll tryna do?" August asked.

"Dinner!" I squealed, cause I was hungry as hell.

"So, what's next for Ms. Remy Taylor, the graduate?" August asked me as we got dressed for bed.

I went into the drawer and took out a box, setting it down in front of him on the bed.

I watched him through the mirror as he pulled out the letters, reading one of them.

"Baybeh these publishers? You gon' submit yo writing?"

"I was already submitting since the beginning of senior year. They all started getting back to me at once, so now I just have to pick one and I'll be an author. Like I've always wanted to be." I smiled proudly and he came around to wrap me in a hug.

"That's good, baybeh. I'm so proud of you man."

"Look at the bottom of the box, please." I managed to get out as he suffocated me in a hug.

He looked at me oddly before walking around to look back in the box.

His hand revealed a pregnancy test.

A positive one.

"Stop playin' wit' me, Rem..." He looked up at me and I looked back at him, "Are you serious? Like you dead fuckin' serious right now? This yours?"

I nodded and he fell to his knees with his head on the bed and I went to hug him.

"August, are you okay? What's wrong? Do you not want it?" The thought of him not wanting our baby never even crossed my mind. What I did know was, if he was ready to be a father or not I was keeping my child.

"Yeah. Hell yeah. Fuck yeah. My baybeh having my baybeh I'm beyond excited, I'm fucking ecstatic man, come here." He pulled me onto his lap in another hug and we cried together.

And for the first time in a while, they were tears of joy.

Authors Note

Okay so excuse any errors or mistakes I been working on this for like a week or two. It's pretty short but I hope ya'll like it.

And secondly, I'll be writing a second book but not a sequel to this and I need opinions.

Should it be a Dave East, Chris Brown, or another August book? Or if yall have anybody else in mind, comment and I'll make it happen.

Thank you and I love yall like HELLAS this book getting so much positive feedback and I'm glad yall could get into it the way I been getting into stories for years now.