Chapter 9

Remy A. Taylor

"Why do I have to force you to come out and have a good time, Remy?" Dayvid said as I sat in the passengers seat of his jeep, attitude evident on my face

"I can guarantee you I will not be having a good time at a party. A party full of people that I don't know and don't want to know."

"I promise if you don't start having fun within at least an hour, we can go home, okay?"

I sighed as he found a parking spot and we got out, walking the rest of the way to the house.

As soon as I heard them playing Lil' Pump, I was ready to go.

I rolled my eyes at the poor music choice and followed Dayvid into the kitchen, stopping here and there so he could hug friends of his.

I didn't even know he knew so many people outside of me.

Once we'd arrived in the kitchen, he handed me a cup of an unknown substance that I was positive contained alcohol.

I sipped on the delicious drink as the song changed.

I love this song, I thought to myself, finishing the drink fast and Dayvid replaced it with another one.

After my third cup I was throwing my ass back on him in the middle of the party.

"Fuck it up, sis!" A girl that was a friend of his was hyping me up.

The song changed to a slower one and I stood up for a break, making eye contact with August.

I rolled my eyes, remembering how he'd dropped me off and hadn't talked to me in days.

He made his way over to where I was standing and held his hand out to me, offering to dance.

Dayvid was watching me with his eyes wide as I just stared at Aug and his outstretched hand.

I was going to sit my ass right here but Dayvid shoved me up and August wrapped his arms around me, leading me to the dance floor.

He held me so my back was to him and his long arms were securely around me as we rocked back and forth to the slow music.

"How ya been, love?" He whispered in my ear and I scoffed.

"If you hadn't cut me off you would know."

He chuckled, "I'm sawry for dat, I kinda panicked and I'll let ya know more about dat lata' on. I just wanna know do ya forgive me?"

I sucked my teeth, "I guess."

He kissed the side of my face and turned me so I was facing him, "I missed you."