Chapter 19

Remy A. Taylor

The receptionist at the desk told me what room my father was in and I made my way there, quickly.

My mother sat, holding his hand and seeing him in the bed bandaged up hurt my heart and I felt horrible. Just because I wasn't on the best of terms with my mom I had left my daddy.

She looked up at me and smiled a sad smile before coming and hugging me.

"Remy, I am so sorry for everything I've done to you over the past few years

"Remy, I am so sorry for everything I've done to you over the past few years. I hate that it took my husband being in a hospital bed in a coma for me to realize this but I've been the worst mom ever I'm sorry. I'm going to get right, okay? I'm going to fix this family."

In that moment I knew for a fact everything was going to start getting better, because I believed my mommy. I could tell she was going to try and she meant every word she said. It was never too late for her to make it right and that was all I wanted was for her to apologize and do better.

After our moment I went to sit beside my father, "Do you have any idea what happened?"

"Its those men he's involved with, I know it! I'm in the process of trying to move, ever since that robbery I don't feel safe in my own house." My mom responded, holding my dads house.

I thought back on the last time I'd seen my dad at the grocery store and how crazy he was acting, "Was dad acting weird before now?"

"The hell if I know, he stopped coming home altogether a couple weeks ago. Last time I saw him he was all jittery. Wouldn't be still, unlocking and locking the doors, checking the windows. I think he's gotten himself into some shit that I have to get him out of." I nodded, agreeing with my mom.

Whatever people my dad had gotten himself involved with were either after him or something worse. It was up to my mom and I to ensure the safety of our family.

Detective Gates made his way into the hospital room and my mom stood to greet him. I only nodded because I didn't like him. I felt like he suspected August even though he was who robbed my home I didn't want him to go to jail for it.

My mom told the detective she suspected that my dad had gotten involved with the wrong people in a very evasive way and I was glad. I didn't want him to know too much information because at this point we were taking this investigation into our own hands.

After the detective had left my mom turned back to me, "So catch me up, hun. What's going on?"

I chewed my lip nervously. Like I'd said before my mom had once been my best friend. I should be able to tell her any and everything.