Chapter 14 (Part 2)

August A. Alsina

Earlier That Day

"Wassam my bruthas?" I shook hands with the boys including Quincy and took a seat. Laila was staring as soon I stepped foot in here.

"So down to the business, we know where Trigga finna be at. So the plans is to meet 'em there and let his ass have it."

Quincy explained his plan to the three of us and I watched Laila out of the corner of my eye, wanting to know why she was even allowed in hea'.

We had a few hours before it would be dark so I chilled with them, hyping myself up fa what we was bout to do ta'night.

"Here ya'll go. You guys seem a little tense." Laila came in, followed by two girls holding bottles.

I squinted at one of 'em knowing I'd seen her before.

The girl attempted to hand me the bottle but I declined, "Ion need ta drink befo' no job."

She smiled hard as hell and I looked at ha weirdly. I saw Laila giving her a look as well.

So I watched Quincy get drunk with these girls, Niko taking a few drinks as well but Sean was being smart, declining like I did.

The girl that seemed familiar was now ugly drunk and Laila was lovin' that shit, telling her ta do dumb shit like stand on the table and give Niko a lap dance, which he happily took.

"So August how are you and your girl doing?" Everybody's attention was on me and I sucked my teeth knowin' what Laila was tryna do.

"We doin' spectacular thank ya fa askin'. She just had a birthday, I'll tell ha you send yo wishes."

Laila rolled her eyes before glass breaking made everybody jump.

The drunk girl had spilled a full bottle on the floor.

"Ugh, Tori, you such a dumb bitch! Clean this up and get out!" Laila was screamin' at her and I shook my head, watching the girl start to cry while attempting to fix her mess.

Tori. Tori. The name was definitely familiar but I couldn't put my damn finga' on it.

"Aight, it's time for us to get ready and get up outta here." Niko said standing up, making Sean and I follow suit.

"Good luck, boys." Quincy said to no one in particular.

I shook my head before we went out to the truck, driving to where all this was about ta go down.

I sighed loudly, playing a game on my phone seeing as we'd been up hea' waiting on this Trigga dude for hours.

"Man let's just fuckin' go home." Niko said. He was restless and I could tell.

Two black cars pulled up and I recognized one of 'em as Mista Taylor's.

We got our guns ready and watched closely as three men got out of one car, Reed getting out of the other.

I squinted, Trigga looking awfully fuckin' familiar but I was unable to completely identify him due to the dark.