Chapter 21

Remy A. Taylor

"I'm sorry that happened, man. I had a few drinks so I guess I was drunk texting you."

Miles had invited me out to lunch with him and I'd stupidly agreed. I was already in trouble with Aug, but after he hadn't come home yesterday I refused to stay in the house alone.

 I was already in trouble with Aug, but after he hadn't come home yesterday I refused to stay in the house alone

"It's fine. He overreacted anyway, wouldn't even hear me out."

We were waiting for the check when I received a phone call from my mom.

"Your fathers awake! Hurry, he's been asking for you."

I began to gather my things, throwing a fifty on the table, "I gotta go, Miles. I'll call you."

I rushed to the hospital and made it to my fathers room.

He was sitting up in bed and I smiled, rushing over to hug him.

"Im so happy to see you, daddy!" I squealed and I felt him laugh.

"The feelings mutual, baby girl. Your mom talked my ear off about how the two of you made up."

My mom wrapped her arm around me for emphasis and it made my dads smile grow bigger.

Our happy family moment was short lived when Detective Gates appeared, yet again.

"I'm glad to see you're awake, Reed." He said and I internally rolled my eyes. Why was he still around?

"Detective. Nice to see you again."

"Indeed. I was assigned to the case of finding who your attackers were as well. Do you have any information you could tell me?"

"Damn, he just woke up from a coma can he take a few deep breaths first?" I blurted making them all look at me.

"It's okay, baby. I can answer some questions. Ah, let's see. I have a strong feelings this correlates with a patient I had a week or so ago. He was angry that I wouldn't give him more painkillers when he didn't even need them. He has a history of violence as well so it could have been him." My dad explained.

"And what is this mans name?" The detective asked.

"Miles Johnson."

My eyes grew huge and I involuntarily let out a loud gasp, making everyone look at me once again.

"Do you know this man, Remy?" Detective Gates asked me.

"I know a man by the name of Miles who tried to take me out a few times. Nothing more than that." It seemed lying was becoming second nature for me.

The detective had been writing in his notebook the entire time before turning to the three of us.

"Mr. Taylor, Remy, I advise the both of you to avoid this Miles guy at all costs. He seems potentially dangerous and once I get back to my office I'll be doing some research."

We said our goodbyes and I sat back in my chair.

So my daddy wasn't being crazy when he'd told me to stay away from Miles. And Miles had lied to me when he said he didn't know my father.

I would most definitely be keeping my distance as much as possible.

On my way back home I called Dayvid.

"Hi bestie!"

"Oh you mean me?" Dayvid said on the other end and I sighed.

"I'm sorry I have been such a horrible best friend lately but I'm gonna make it up to you. You're coming to my moms party right?"

"Of course, Bahja and I will be there. There's always some drama at a Taylor party."

Last year my mom had poured wine into my aunts face for being rather touchy with my dad. It was hilarious to me.

"Great, I have somebody I want you guys to meet."

"Is August still coming?"

I rolled my eyes, seeing his car parked in the driveway once I got home.

"We'll see. I'll call you later Dayvid."

I ended the call as I entered my home.

August was on the couch watching a basketball game and I completely ignored him when he spoke to me, going into the kitchen for a drink.

"You supposed ta be mad at me or sum?" He asked, standing in the doorway.

"Supposed to be? Oh honey I'm very mad. You put your hands on me when you know I was in an abusive relationship and just left and didn't come back for a whole day!"

He came and wrapped his arms around me, kissing my red face, "I'm sorry baybeh. I apologize for puttin' my hands on you and it'll never happen again. I only left to clear my head and did a lil' work while I was gone. I took a few days off to spend time with you and meet ya parents for they party."

I pouted and he continued to kiss me until I cracked a smile, "Okay I forgive you."

"Come on, let's watch the game." He picked me up throwing me over his shoulder making me squeal as he carried me back to the living room.