Chapter 39

August A. Alsina

"Come on na, baybeh, relax. I told ya I'ma be hanging these up in the house you can't be on my walls lookin' all stiff necked." I spoke to Remy from behind my camera.

She sighed heavily before relaxing and letting me finish taking the pictures.

She was far on in ha pregnancy and I had been saving every moment I could.

I would never forget how Naomi held my baby and I handled it so carelessly. I would protect Remy and my daughter with every part of me this time around.

The two of us had been doing a lot of traveling because she said it helped her ideas come faster and I was willing to do whatever made her happy anyway.

"You can come look at 'em, mama." I spoke as I started to clean up the mess I'd made in my mamas living room.

" I spoke as I started to clean up the mess I'd made in my mamas living room

"They look perfect, babe

"They look perfect, babe." The smile that covered her face made me happy.

"I aint have to do much you already perfect." I said pulling her to me and showering her face with kisses.

"Can I come in yet?" My mama yelled from the kitchen and Remy hurried to put her shirt on.

"Yeah, maw, come on in." I chuckled and she wasted no time coming in.

"Aw Remy you so talented with all dat hair and makeup stuff. Eris and nem should be on their way for dinner so ya'll get ready."

My mama insisted on Remy spending her pregnancy in the most comfortable environment and by that she meant her house, under her very watchful eye.

So we moved in with her after returning from Barbados and Remy seemed like she was enjoying it. I liked bein' able to see my childhood friends when I got ready so I was straight minus no privacy.

Couldn't even kiss my baybeh without my mama breathin' down my neck.

I know she meant good by it though.

A few moments later a small portion of my family was gathered at the dinner table, eatin' and makin' small talk.

"So, Rem, you know what kinda birth you wanna do? It's hospital birth, drugs or no drugs, water birth..." Eris spoke.