Chapter 33

August A. Alsina

The whole table was quiet.

"I know I'm not trippin' Aug. Dat boy you used ta kick it with, Quincy, his daddy name was Chris. He got killed. And he had a step sister, we called her Em. Emily Taylor." Karen was in deep thought and I was puttin' the pieces together myself.

"I'on know how I feel about this whole new family shit." Quincy said to us as we rode around in the new car his dad had gifted to him.

"What you mean?" MJ asked.

"My daddy still out here tryna remarry and shit now I got a whole new side of the family. The Calvin's. And they all stuck up as hell."

I snapped out of my flashback and stood up quickly from the table.

"Mrs. Taylor, with all due respect you better tell me what the fuck goin' on and soon." I spoke low, but loud enough that the woman could hear me.

She didn't even flinch, "I think it's time for me to go. Come along, Reed."

"Mama?" Remy spoke up, sadness all over her face.

"Remy this is all much bigger than you. Hell, it's bigger than just me. So I'm going to make the assumption you're going to make the right choice and come with your father and I. Come on, get your things."

I looked between Remy and her family. This bitch was really making her pick between me or them.

"I know it ain't my place but dat ain't right to make this baybeh pick between her boyfriend and her mama." My ma spoke up and Emily waved her off.

"Remy, we're waiting."

"Daddy?" Remy looked over at Reed, but he couldn't even meet her eye.

The room was silent before Remy spoke again.

"I love the both of you very much. I love August as well. But Mama if you had something to do with what's been going on, I can't go with you. You've gotten our entire family involved in so much and you don't even care. You never did."

Emily nodded, "Fine by me. The rest of your things from our old house will be sent to your new address. Good luck."

And they were gone.

Remy was frozen in her spot. I knew she was on the brink of tears and I was afraid to touch her.

"Why don't we all give August some time alone wit' our girl, alright?" Eris announced to the rest of the family and they took the rest of their plates into the living room.

I kneeled down next to Remy's seat and wrapped both arms around her. She immediately broke down.

"My mama and daddy don't even love me no more." She weeped and I held her tight, rubbing her back soothingly.

I let her get everything out before speaking, "You know like I know ya mama been fucked up. When we met she was fucked up and when we die she still gon be fucked up. Clearly she been havin' something ta do wit' the shit we in and for ya pussy ass daddy to not care neitha', it's fuck 'em. I know you love 'em baybeh but tha best thang ta do now, is love 'em from a distance. Okay?" I coached her and she nodded, before letting me wipe her tears with the pads of my thumbs.

"I meant what I said Remy. That stuck up woman might be your mother but she ain't yo mama. You'll always have a place here wit' us. Everybody loves you. Brook, Karen and Eris love you the most. That's sayin somethin' cause Karen mean as hell." My mama said as she made her way back into the dining room to begin cleaning up.

"Thank the both of you. I'm so grateful God put such wonderful people into my life to reveal these things. I don't know where I'd be without you, Aug." Remy whispered hoarsely.

"Why don't you take her on up to bed. And then bring your ass back down here to help me clean up." My mama spoke to me and I groaned, before helping Remy up and leading her up to the room we shared.

She removed her dress and undershirt, making me laugh to myself as I saw the red love bites on her neck.

Once she was settled into bed, I climbed into bed next to her.

"Your moms gonna literally kill you." She mumbled with her eyes closed.

"I'm just confirmin' dat you okay, baybeh. Can I tell you somethin'?" I whispered to her and she nodded, opening her eyes.

"Naomi wasn't close to her folks either. Her pop was in and out of jail, her siblings live states away and her mom didn't much care about anything unless it paid her. Just know I will forever be here for you. I know you was in a bad head space when we met and I don't want you slipping back into that.  I love you, my mama loves you, my family is gettin' to love you, and yo friends love you. A'right?"

She smiled a little, nodding and kissing me.

"Okay now go to your mom before she walks in here again."

"I'm glad you know!" My mama yelled from outside the door making the both of us laugh.

Remy A. Taylor

I had been asleep before I received a phone call from Dayvid

"Yes?" I said groggily as I answered.

"Girl guess....what...." Dayvid sounded weird.

Like when he first moved out and he told me he really wished his parents were accepting of his sexuality.

"What's wrong?" I sat up immediately.

"They just found her face down in a lake." His voice shook a little.

"Found who, Dayvid?" I was wide awake now.

"Tori. They found our childhood friend dead!"

Just then August barged into the room, "We gotta get back home. Now."

Authors Note

Do yall love me? I think YES. I got my ideas back in order, kinda. Pray for our empire king, Jussie. I was going to say something else but I forgot. Excuse errors or mistakes. I'll try to fix everything soon.