Chapter 20

August A. Alsina

I heard the front door unlock and I ran to dim the lights

"August?" Remy called out and I chuckled to myself.

I had tried to be romantic as a celebration of me gettin' my cast off so I made us dinner with candles and roses, the whole nine.

She found me in the kitchen and it felt like seeing her for the first time all over again. She would never stop bein' beautiful to me.

"August this is so be.. Baby, your arm!" She squealed, runnin' over to hug me and I picked her up, leaving kisses all over her face.

"I wanted ta surprise you, baybeh." I smiled as I let her down but she didn't let me go as I led her to the table.

We sat down and I fed her. She wouldn't stop smiling and I couldn't either.

"Oh, I meant to tell you. Every year my mom throws a little family party for Thanksgiving and she wanted you to come." She said to me once we were in bed and I was taking her shoes off.

"I'a be thea'."

Once she was completely undressed I carried her to the shower I had started for her.

"I'm marrying you. I already know it." She sighed as the water touched her skin. I never understood why females liked they showers hot as hell.

I chuckled and turned to leave out before she called me back, "You're not joining me?"

She aint said shit but a word as I took my clothes off and got in with her.

I admired her as she faced me, getting her hair and body wet before pullin' me to her.

I kissed her hard and gripped her ass in my hands that was beginning to grow, slowly but surely.

Now that my arm was betta', I could do her how I wanted to before.

I picked her up once again in my arms and wasted no time sliding in, making her throw her head back in pleasure.

I made love to my baybeh until the water went cold and she was half asleep as I carried her back to the bed.

She dried herself off, before pulling one of my shirts on and immediately going to sleep, making me laugh.

As I was getting dressed I had the sudden urge to look out the window.

There was a police car across the street. I knew what a detectives car looked like.

It was the same detective who was at Remy's house way back when and I sucked my teeth.

I ain't have time for no fuckin' cops. I settled into bed and Remy's phone vibrated underneath me.

I wasn't no insecure nigga. I had a fingerprint and the password to her phone so I wasn't worried about her sneaking behind my back to do anything.

But again something was tellin' me look at the message.

M💰: Stop ignoring me baby.

"Remy."

Remy A. Taylor

"Yes, Aug?"

I felt something hit the bed in front of me and my eyes flew open. It was my phone and a message from Miles.

"Who the fuck is M?" August laughed and he sounded like a crazy man as I sat up groggily.

"He is just some guy I met a long, long time ago at the store. This was before you and I got together, he hasn't left me alone since then." I was completely lying but even though I would be quitting soon he couldn't find out about my job at the club.

His hand was around my neck, "You lyin' to me Remy?"

I froze as flashbacks of Seven doing this exact thing to me and I began to hyperventilate myself into a panic attack.

He let my neck go and I took deep breaths to calm myself down. Once I was sure I was okay, I saw August grabbing his keys.

"Where are you going?" I asked, close to tears.

"I gotta get up outta here, I can't be hurting you and shit."

"August don't leave me." I cried, following him downstairs but he wasn't listening to me.

Once he was gone I screamed, punching the wall and leaving a hole.

August A. Alsina

I found myself at Quincy's crib at 3 in the morning.

Apparently this nigga never slept. Walking in you would think it was the middle of the day.

"To what do I owe the pleasure?" Quincy greeted me and I took a seat, pouring me a glass of henny.

"Just needed to clear my head and shit." I took a sip of the drink and immediately began to relax.

A few sips later I felt the couch dip like someone had sat beside me.

It was Laila.

"Hi, August. Long time no speak."

I took another drink and looked over at her slowly, "Why you ova' hea?" I asked her. The bitch was starting to become annoying.

"I figured you would need to relieve some stress after that drink." She was looking at me all weird and shit. I was ready to go.

But I couldn't move.

"What the fuck..." My words seemed slower and my vision was blurrier than usual.

"Come on, Aug. Relax." Her voice was distorted and I felt her climb on top of me.

In my head I pushed her off of me but my body wasn't following directions.

Soon enough, I fell asleep.