Chapter 18

Remy A. Taylor

Warning - Sexual Content.

"Thank you for doing this for me Dayvid." I said, letting him into the house.

"Girl it's no problem at all. Aug is like family now and I love to baby sit." Dayvid laughed and I playfully pushed him.

I'd asked him to come and watch August. I know it was silly of me because August was a grown ass man but lately I'd been feeling like I couldn't even leave him alone for one minute.

I'd took Miles up on his offer to work at the club and tonight was my first night there. The amount of stress I'd been put under in a matter of months was insane but I was determined to handle it like an adult.

"He's asleep because he took his medicine and he usually sleeps through the whole night so I should be back before he gets up." I advised Dayvid on my way out the door.

"I got this bitch. You go make your money."

I said my goodbyes before going out to my car and getting in, pulling out of the driveway.

I felt really bad for doing this behind Augusts' back but so much had changed in such a small amount of time. He was so different.

But so was I.

I pulled into the parking lot of the club and it was still fairly empty.

Miles was standing at the entrance waiting for me.

"Hey gorgeous." He leaned in for a kiss and I turned my head so it landed on my cheek, making him shake his head and chuckle.

I followed him inside of the strip club and saw women preparing the place for the night.

"So this is where you'll be serving drinks from, Natalia can show you everything you need to do when I bring you back through here but first you need to get dressed." A woman brought him a black bag and he unzipped it showing a barely there outfit.

"Who is that for?" I laughed.

"You. Come on now Remy, seeing as you aint gon be dancing you gotta try ten times harder. You want this money right?" He looked down at me in question and I rolled my eyes before snatching the bag from him and going to get changed.

I looked at myself in the mirror and became sad.

I went from being insecure about my body to damn near showing all of it

I went from being insecure about my body to damn near showing all of it. Where did I go wrong?

I started to think that if I hadn't met August I wouldn't be in this situation then immediately shook the thought away. I loved him and every couple went through struggles. This was just one of ours that we would get through.

I sighed, putting my hair up in a tight ponytail before making my way back up to the bar standing tall.

When Miles saw me he bit his lip, "You look amazing, Rem."