Chapter 12

I'd just like to say im in love with rem's (aka dyme's)whole lifeeee she looks so good man.

August A. Alsina

When I pulled into Remy's driveway, there were a few police cars outside as well and I sighed, preparin' myself before getting out

Ringing the doorbell, her mother came and opened the door, looking me up and down like she wanted to slap me on a plate and eat me up right on the doorstep.

"Well hello there! How may I help you?"

"I'm hea' to see Remy." I shuffled from one foot to the other uncomfortably as her smile got even wider at the mention of her daughta'.

"Come in, come in. You'll have to excuse the presence of the authorities we had a bit of a mishap last night, my husband is handling it all. Remy's taking it hard so she's up in her room, you can go see her if you'd like."

I nodded before going up the stairs, feeling guilty knowing that I'd just been here the night before.

I knocked on the door and I heard her whisper a come in before I pushed the door open, seeing her writing in a small notebook.

Once she looked up and saw it was me she frowned, "August, why are you here? I should go downstairs and tell the fucking police you one of the niggas that robbed us."

"I came hea to apologize man, buhlee me if I woulda known dis was yo house I wouldn't have even come or let the shit go down period fa that matter." I closed the door behind me and she moved over on the bed, letting me sit down.

"Why do you do shit like this, Aug?" She looked up at me and I looked everywhere but at her.

"It's all I know. Even when I was in New Awlins dis was all I did. A office job aint fa me, I like my money comin' in fast." I explained to her.

She took me off guard when she climbed into my lap and tilted my chin so I was looking up at her, "You gotta stop this, Aug. Before you get hurt or even worse, somebody close to you does."

I bit my lip, "Can I tell you something baybeh?"

"Of course."

Once I was positive I had her full attention I went on to tell her how I met Naomi.

"I was a lah boy, about thirteen or so. Me and Ash had just moved down hea wit' our mama, started at a new school and shit. First day of school we met this cool ass nigga named MJ. That nigga had it all man, ta be so young he had money and all da lil' fast hoes wanted em. But dis one girl he let hang around, her name was Naomi. I knew he liked ha fuh real. So did every other nigga, shit, she was gawgeous. She was mixed with some Indian or whateva, she knew she looked good. So ya know it wasn't long befo' they got together. From freshman year on up they was inseparable.