Chapter 16

Remy A. Taylor

"Girl today has been such a good day." Dayvid fluffed his hair in the rearview mirror of his new truck and I laughed at him.

After a trip to the mall and some much needed shopping, we had stopped to get something to eat.

"Where are my fuc- Oh, here they are." Bahja was such a hothead when it came to her food.

I ate my fries as I checked my new hairstyle in my phone camera.

I wanted to try something new and Dayvid said blonde was the way to go

I wanted to try something new and Dayvid said blonde was the way to go. Bahja liked it so I hoped August would, too.

My selfie session was interrupted by yet another call from my mom. I politely declined and went back to what I was doing.

"Girl when are you going to talk to her?" Dayvid said as he pulled out of the McDonald's parking lot.

"No time soon. I read that the best way to deal with toxic parents is to love them from a distance. When I'm ready, I'll stop by there." I shrugged, sitting back in my seat.

"Alright then. I meant to tell you that if you were serious about getting a job, I know people."

"Oh girl, they hiring at my job!" Bahja spoke up.

"At Victoria's Secret?"

"Yep, some girls got fired for stealing blah blah, I can get you an application." She said, with a mouthful of nuggets.

"Thank you, girl, I need that."

Dayvid pulled up to what looked like a block party and got out. Bahja followed so I had no choice but to do the same.

"Why we here Dayvid?" I asked him since he was walking like he had a destination.

"Tori said she would be here to fight me so we here to fight." He said.

It was rare that I saw him get angry but he looked really upset so I didn't ask questions. I tied my bandana down securely over my hair and continued following him.

When we found her, she was with the girl I found out was named Laila, which made me feel giddy inside.

Bahja wasn't big but she was muscular and from the hood, I didn't know if she could fight but I guess we was about to find out.

Tatyana wasn't hard to beat up anyway.

"So Tori what you tryna do, I'm not the type of bitch to talk you said you wanna fight so wassup?" Dayvid said, making a crowd form immediately.