Chapter 22

Remy A. Taylor

I finished curling the last piece of hair and ran my fingers through it, making sure it was perfect in the mirror.

Tonight was the night of the infamous Taylor Thanksgiving party and I was anxious.

"Baybeh, you ready to go?" August knocked on the bathroom door before coming in and smiling once he saw me, "You look amazin'. I ain't know you cleaned up this nice, mama."

"Boy please, this is not your first time seeing me dressed up," I gave him a once-over, "You look great."

"Ya know ya boy Aug know a lil' sum about fashion

"Ya know ya boy Aug know a lil' sum about fashion."

I laughed at him before walking into the bedroom to get my purse and then we were ready.

We made it to the door before Aug stopped me and pulled me back inside, "Baybeh do me a favor and look across the street when we get outside. When we get in the car tell me if that's that same nigga from ya house a lil minute ago."

I nodded in understanding and walked back out to the car, glancing across the street. Sure enough Detective Gates was sitting in the car.

Once we were both inside the car and August had started the ignition I spoke, "That's Detective Gates. He's been coming around a lot more since my dad was attacked. He came asking questions and shit when he woke up."

"He was here a week ago, too." Aug shook his head before pulling out of the driveway.

"What are you gonna do?" I asked, placing a comforting hand on his lap.

"Tell Quincy. I ain't tryna get locked up."

"I don't want you locked up neither baby." I leaned over the console to kiss his lips.

"Remy, you lookin' real good and the only thang keepin' me from pulling over right now and fuckin' you in the backseat is the fact we goin' to meet ya parents." He glanced over at me before focusing back on the road.

"What about after?" I smiled and moved my hands down lower, making him grab my wrists.

"I done created a monsta." He laughed at me and I smiled.

We arrived at my parents house early and I used my key to unlock the front door.

"Mommy! Dad! We're here."

My mom came out of the kitchen with a huge smile and hugged me. I'd told August about her apologizing for her behavior and he'd agreed to be less hard on her.

 I'd told August about her apologizing for her behavior and he'd agreed to be less hard on her