Chapter 27

Remy A. Taylor

Dayvid and I had stopped by my parents house for the day since my mom was cooking

For some reason she seemed extremely anxious. Nervous and more talkative than usual.

Even my dad noticed something was wrong.

"Are you okay, mama?" I asked her as she scrambled around the kitchen, looking out of the window for the 100th time today.

"Yes, I'm fine I just—" She was interrupted by the sound of gunshots outside.

Dayvid was the first one to dive onto the floor and under the table.

I ran over to my dad and pulled him onto the floor in front of the couch, waiting for it to be over.

I was the first one to slowly stand up. After I helped my dad up, I walked over to the window.

August was coming up to the door and I ran to open it.

"Are you okay?" He pulled me into his embrace and I hugged him tightly.

"Yes. What was that?" I whispered to him.

He gave me a look and I knew it was Miles.

My mom came rushing into the room, what seemed to me as extremely late seeing as there were just gunshots outside her home.

"I-is everyone okay? August? Wh-when did you get here?" She stammered, wiping her hands on her legs.

I looked at her, "We're okay."

"I was just pulling up when I saw this truck shooting outside."

That was a lie. After the incident at the club, August had men outside of his and my moms house for protection. I couldn't ask questions at the moment because my mom didn't know about the security.

"I know who the hell it was!" My dad suddenly spoke up and we all turned to him.

"Honey.."

"No, don't honey me. I'm tired of these motherfuckers thinkin' they can bully me. I'm a grown ass man and I'm not finna sit up here and put my family life in danger because of a mistake I made on my own." With that he took his cane and made his was way angrily upstairs.

"I'm sorry. You guys can make a plate, I have to talk to him," On her way upstairs, my mom stopped, "Nice to see you, August."

The way she said it unsettled me but I brushed it off.

Dayvid had been standing there uncomfortably the entire time.

"Man, I'm finna get my plate and go. This shit is getting serious." He said, making his way to the kitchen.

"So what happened?" I turned to August still speaking in hushed tones, my mom could still be ear hustling.

"Miles sent some of his people over here, they started shootin' so my boys fired back. I think ya moms and pops need to move out for a while. Until me and Quincy handle dis'."

I nodded, completely agreeing with him. My mom would hurt herself fighting a fight that had nothing to do with her. My dad was just frustrating himself by sitting around hurt.

"I'll talk to them."

"I made yall some plates, now I will getting on out of here. Remy, August, stay safe. I know what's going on, 'cause I ain't stupid." Dayvid squinted his eyes at us before leaving.

"You and ya bestfriend just alike." August shook his head, making me laugh.

There was a knock on the door and I went to answer it, thinking it was Dayvid.

"Good afternoon, Miss. Taylor." Detective Gates spoke, stepping into my home.

"Yes, come in, of course." I rolled my eyes.

"Gunshots were reported from this area and seeing as I know your family has a history of trouble, I responded. Is everyone okay?"

History of trouble?

"My family is fine, no thanks to you. Why haven't we had a new detective assigned because it seems to me you've had zero leads in almost four months." I was becoming irritated with this detective sniffing around. August could get in major trouble and I didn't want that.

The detective glared at me angrily, "I have everything I need to have. Your mother is perfectly fine with me being assigned to this case and until she says otherwise I will continue doing what I need to," He turned to leave and turned back, "Mr. Alsina."

Then he was gone.

"How dat nigga know my name?" August frowned.

"First he hangin' around yo house and now he know your full name? He up to something." I said.

"I know. I need a plan."

Authors Note

First of all I'd like to say OMGGGGG. I'm getting so much positive feedback and im so happy about that man, yall coming through with the reads, votes, comments. I really appreciate every single one of you guys so much. I don't wanna get too deep and sentimental into this but I been writing on here for almost three years, always taking my books down because of inconsistency.

BUT this one is doing good and I have a couple more in mind after this one comes to an end.

So again thanks to each and every fan of this book. 😘😘 I'll be trying my best to update more often.