Insomnia

The cold wind of the night blew against my face and through my hair, letting me feel the cooling sensation on my scalp. I closed my eyes and took a deep breath in through my nose, filling up my lungs with fresh air.

Opening my eyes I saw the only light source were the stars shining above me. I laid on the roof with my hands behind my head, thinking about what tomorrow had to offer. The days seemed to blend together anyway. The night is not for sleeping anymore and the day not just for living. Night and day the same... Awake at night means sleeping on the day and sleeping at night means staying up at day. Sometimes I dont even sleep and sometimes I sleep through everything.  When you have no purpose and no one cares, nothing matters anyway.

Deciding that I had enough, I got off the roof and jumped in through the window. I looked at the matress left to me, at the kid. Their chest rising and falling calmed me a bit down. I got next to them and looked at their face. They seemed so innocent, not knowing about everything that could harm them. They seemed so easy to manipulate but also so intelligent.

Their always changing nature reminded me of something that I cant quite put my fingers on. Sometimes they're so easily scared, but then in the next moment they're so brave. Like in the alleyway... They were so scared and cried, but then they hugged me, a literal demon with a neon green eye that just shot someone through the head.

I woke up the next morning.

//Probably fell asleep while thinking about the kid...//

I looked up and the pillow was empty. I shot up looking around the room.

//Where are they//

There was no sign of them in the room. I stood up kicking my door open looking in the hallway, but still no sign of the kid.

,,Kid?!"

I didnt get an answer, but the mustache freak walked out of his room. He looked at me and his eyes were wide open as he shakily stepped away from me. I glitched to him and grabbed him by his fucking bowtie.

,,WHERE ARE THEY?!"

He shook his head and waved his hands infront of his face trying to show that he didnt knew.

(Thank you very much for reading this story and boting on it. Im sorry that ai didn't upload the last few weeks but I like to write when I'm feeling like it so I don't fuck up the story. Hope you understand Thx so very much -Bacon)