Whatever it takes

Antis pov

I slowly made my way downstairs, my body was aching as I was still thinking about what happened. 

//Can I trust Jack? 

Probably... I mean he said I should, but just saying that doesn't really make a difference and it could always just be a trick. I guess you have to trust someone to get to know them... Or is it the other way around? Whatever... Im just glad that Im finally home and can look after... Y/N...//

,,W-Where is Y/N? Y-Y/N?!''

//Why am I such a bad dad?! Why cant I just look out for them?!//

Jamie walked past me but came back, looking at me.

,,WHERE IS CHASE?!''

He jumped a tiny bit and shrugged, looking around but then he stopped and smiled, pointing to my right... There he stood, with them sitting on his arm, cuddleing close to him, eyes closed.

,,fr..ie..nd... p..l..ay... w..i..th...h...a.i..r...fu..n..ny...''

He looked up at me and smiled as much as a zombie would be able to, Y/N's hand in his hair.

,,hel...llo...fr..i..en...d...''

He said, well mumbled. The Zombie seemed just as tired as the little child in his arms, so he walked over to me before I could even say anything and handed Y/N to me, while Jamie brought him to his room. 

Looking down at Y/n cuddled up to me I realised that something happened to me... I wanted to make sure they were alright all the time, but right now when I saw them sitting there... I felt... happy... Y/N was so cute... they cuddled close immediately and smiled, which made me smile again. 

Weird... today I actually smiled a lot... 

and I couldnt get rid of it... 

I let out a sigh and walked to our room and put Y/N down on the matress... 

//Didn't jack say that he wanted to help with our room? He probably forgot and it was just another empty promise... 

No.

I-I just have to keep those thoughts away. e-even if it is true... that he forgot... maybe I could talk to him again... I wouldn't even want this room for me... I want Y/N to have it...

Arghhh- I cant think like that im already getting attached... but how could I not?! 

What if we find their parents and I have to give them away? 

They would forget me and move on... and then... I would be alone again...

Wouldn't that be better for everyone?

No! No bad thoughts! Not right now. Concentrate Anti. Forget what you're thinking about. Just for this one second...//

After I closed my eyes for a second and sighed, I could finally just focus on making sure Y/N was  comfy. I put the pillow under them like before and pulled the blanket over their slightly shaking body. Their little smile when they cuddled up in the blanket told me they were ok now. Right now they were ok... 

//Another reminder why I should stay... even if this is just for another day...//

Then... the door opened...

//I thought I closed it//

I just shrugged and closed the door, still ready to fight if I needed to. There was a bit of black smoke in the room after I turned around which made the hair on the back of my neck stand up.