Chapter 8 - Part 1

Kerri stacked two of her pillows together and lay back on her bed with the headphones over her ears as she listened to Nick's soon-to-be-released album. She had already heard one about how indecisive she was. Now, she was listening to one about how sorry he was.

She twirled the small card in her hand and smiled. I thought you might want to hear the other two songs about you before they got released. Love you always, Nick.

She brushed her thumb across 'love you always,' and wondered if she was being foolish. She couldn't help but think she was setting herself up for a fall. The love he had for her was the remnant of what they had; the love between two good friends. Nothing more.

She sighed softly as the song ended and moved on to the next. This time, the music spoke of how one woman made him happier than he'd ever been. Even after the song ended, she allowed the rest of the songs to continue playing while she tapped into her text message application.

I like the other two way better than the first. She took a selfie of herself wearing her headphones and posted it to her Instagram and Twitter accounts with a caption: I love the new album. Thanks for the preview. Then she tagged Nick's handle to her post.

No harm drumming up a little publicity for his next album. She went back into her camera application and took another photo. This time, of the card he'd sent her. Perhaps she'd post that another day.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

New parts will be uploaded every Friday! Do vote and like if you've enjoyed it!