Chapter 17 - Part 1

After Kerri changed into her third dress for the night, she and Nick headed for the after-party. Nick had been with her throughout the rest of the awards. He went back to the hotel suite with her, waited for her to change, then escorted her back to the after-party.

Now, he continued to hold her hand, refusing to let her stray far from him.

She knew he was worried someone might try to throw something on her again. She doubted there would be a repeat of that, but he still wasn't taking any chances.

"Kerri! Hi, I'm Allyson. You probably don't know me, but I'm such a huge fan so I thought I'd come over and say hi."

Kerri stopped and struggled to hear what Allyson was saying. The music was pumping so loud she couldn't catch much of what Allyson had said. Nick leaned over and spoke into her ear. "I'll get you something to drink."

She nodded.

"I'm sorry about what happened just now," Allyson shouted, louder this time. "I hope you're okay."

"I am."

"Can we take a photo together?" Allyson asked as she waved her phone.

She nodded and leaned closer to Allyson, smiling at the camera.

"Thanks!" Allyson looked to the side. "I'm sorry I took your time with Nick. Thanks for taking the photo with me."

Nick got back to her and wrapped his arm around her. They headed to the table where Roland and Dana were at.

Once they were seated, several people came up to them and started chatting. She glanced at Nick several times, and they grinned each time they locked eyes with each other. Once there was a pause, Nick took her hand and stood. "Sorry, excuse us for a minute."

She followed him, moving away from the table.

Nick tightened his hand on hers and moved forward, maneuvering away from anyone who appeared to be making their way toward them. Before she knew it, they were outside. "Do you want to head elsewhere?" he asked.

"Really?" They'd been there barely fifteen minutes, but she didn't mind being anywhere else with Nick. "Where do you want to go?"

"Anywhere." Nick pulled her against him as the paparazzi swarmed forward, snapping pictures of them. He pressed her against himself, then held his arm out over her, making sure that neither the paparazzi or their cameras got too close to her.

When they got to his car, he opened the door and helped her in before walking around with his arm held before his face. A burst of noise and clicks sounded as he opened the driver side door, but the silence immediately returned when he closed the door.

"Where are we going?"

"Let's change and go to a movie."

"Are you serious?" Most of their dates had been spent at his place. Whenever they went out, they had to play hide and seek with the paparazzi, which could get rather tiring. "I'll book the tickets online, and we'll go in late. No one will know it's us."

"Yeah, why not?" She grinned as he drove away from the incessant bursts of lights from the cameras.

"I heard there's a romance film with an awesome actress in it."

"Yeah, but it isn't out yet."

Nick gave an exaggerated sigh. "There's nothing else to watch then."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

New parts will be uploaded every Friday! Do vote and like if you've enjoyed it!