Chapter 8 - Part 2

"Did you find out anything?" Nick asked Roland as he came into the house.

Roland grabbed a bottle of water and slumped onto the couch. "Who changed the timing for your training?"

"Apparently Scott, but he said someone mixed up the time slots. I wasn't supposed to be there when Kerri was."

"Was he the one who called you?"

Nick shook his head. "Do you think Scott leaked the news?" Did he change my training schedule on purpose? He exhaled heavily. He hated having to do this, to analyze everyone's behavior and words, to doubt everything that was said and done.

"I can't be sure. You know how the paparazzi are. No one's saying much."

That was expected. They would want to keep their source to themselves so another opportunity could be created for more photos to be snapped.

"All he said was that someone from the gym tipped them off."

Nick nodded and grinned when his phone buzzed.

"That's a complete change in your mood," Roland said.

Nick shrugged and went back to his room. "Lock up when you leave."

"So are you still going back there?"

"Yeah." It might not be Scott; it could be any of his staff at the gym. Anyone who could see the schedule would have been able to change his time slot. He should have paid more attention to the guy who had called from the gym.

Besides, if Kerri continued to go there, he couldn't ditch her, especially to someone he didn't trust.

He got onto his bed and entered Instagram to see Kerri's post. Always a pleasure. He typed and sent the reply. He dropped his phone next to his pillow and hooked his hands behind his head.

Kerri had always been a private person. She was very guarded about her personal life, so he knew her post was all for him. She had been in the industry long enough to know how to generate a buzz, and he was grateful that after all he had put her through, she was still on his side.

But something was up with her, and he couldn't help thinking it was something neither of them was ready to handle.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

New parts will be uploaded every Friday! Do vote and like if you've enjoyed it!