Chapter 19 - Part 2

After lunch, Nick drove Kerri to meet Stephanie. "Stay inside. I'll pass her the bag."

"Nick," Kerri said and looked at him.

"I won't say anything stupid." He leaned over and gave her a peck on the cheek, then stepped out with the brown paper bag.

Stephanie got out of her black sedan when he closed the door behind him. He strode over and handed her the bag. He had intended to pass the bag to Stephanie, then turn and walk away. But he couldn't allow himself to do that. "I don't want you meeting Kerri alone."

"You don't get a say in that." Stephanie pushed her dark blue blazer aside and stuck her hands on her hips. "You do know you're the reason behind this whole thing."

"No, you and your team are after someone. But because of your incompetence, you decided to make use of Kerri's love for me."

"If you hadn't taken drugs or had—"

"I get that. But listen, I'm not that boy who crashed his car. If you need something else, if you need Kerri to do something, you'd better make sure I'm there when you meet or speak to Kerri."

"Or what?"

He grinned. "Or I'll spill. I'll tell the media what has been happening and how you've been using Kerri."

"That will void your immunity. You'll go to jail."

"I'll do whatever it takes to protect Kerri."

"Nick."

He looked over his shoulder at Kerri, then shot another glare at Stephanie before returning to the car.

"Is everything all right? You guys seemed to be having a rather tense conversation."

He told Kerri what he said to Stephanie.

"Nick."

He started the rented car. "I just wanted her to know that you're not doing this on your own anymore." He reached over and pushed her hair behind her ear.

"Don't apologize. I don't want you to feel guilty about this."

He nodded. There wasn't any point in wasting time with guilt. He would do whatever he could to protect her for the rest of his life. That was the only way he could thank God for His wonderful gift. "Let's go."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

New parts will be uploaded every Friday! Do vote and like if you've enjoyed it!