Chapter 24 - Part 1

Nick stopped the car, and Kerri looked at him before unbuckling the seat belt and stepping out. She stood next to the car and stuck her hands on her hips as he got out.

"Kerri!" He walked over. "This is crazy. Do you really think you're a spy?"

"No! But we can't leave Eric to die!"

"You mean you can't."

She threw her hands in the air and took a step away from him. "Again with the jealousy. I told you nothing is going on between Eric and me. He's just like a brother to me."

"Nothing's going on?" he shouted, fighting the noise of the chopper. "You're going to put your life on the line for him."

"I'm doing what any decent human being would do."

It was Nick's turn to throw his hands in the air. When he saw the black sedan approaching, he crossed the space to Kerri and grabbed her arm.

"Leave me alone," she said and tried to shrug him off.

"Hey, hey, hey." Stephanie got out of the car and strode over with her hand on her holster. "Nick, step away from her."

He looked at the lights shining down on them, then stared at Kerri for a moment before swinging her toward Stephanie. "Whatever."

He got back into his car and drove off while looking at the rear-view mirror, making sure Kerri got into Stephanie's car.

The searchlights continued to hover over where he and Kerri had a fight, and the deafening sound of the chopper grew softer. Nick tightened his grip on the steering wheel and stepped on the gas pedal.

And as expected, a few seconds later, the searchlights returned.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

New parts will be uploaded every Friday! Do vote and like if you've enjoyed it!