Chapter 3

Enigma

After the words rolled off his tongue the trigger was pulled and a hole was drilled through Luke's brain.

Min stares at the lifeless child emotionlessly. I feel pressure in my throat and my knees quiver. My legs break and I fall to the icey tiles. My hair encircles my face and becomes drenched in my tears. My entire body shutters because of the trauma I have witnessed. Then I feel arms around me. I am scooped up. My eyes travel to the right following the body warmth. I see Mr.Mins chest with splatters of blood on his white collared shirt. I hit his chest with all of the little power I have left in my arms.

"Why?! Why did you kill him! He wasn't a threat anymore! Are you insane? Do you want to go to jail?! You didn't have to kill him! You're evil! I hate you!"

"He tried to rape you, Amanda. I defended you. You should be thanking me."

"Thanking you? You killed someone! Put me down."

His phone in his back pocket buzzed. He pulls it out as he sits at his desk chair with me on his lap. I pull away from him but he secures his grip on me by wrapping his free hand around my belly pulling me even closer. I surrender. I am so exhausted that my eyes begin to close without command. I lay back on him and close my eyes and rest my head on his shoulder. He begins his conversation on the phone. I ignore it and lay there looking like a sleeping doll. His deep voice is like a soft melody. It was like the most peaceful lullaby. His addictive voice was the only thing that made me want to stay awake. He is under the impression that I am lost in a deep slumber. His mouth switches tongues. He probably doesn't want me to know what he is speaking of, just in case I am awake. Jokes on him because I'm fluent in Korean. I decided to tune in on his conversation. I can hear another man's voice on the other end.

"Are you confirming the death of Silence aka Luke?"

"Yes, he is dead. I killed him a few minutes ago. But there's a wittiness."

"That's great. Good job Suga. Just kill the witness."

I feel his eyes on my face.

"Na I have a better idea. Haha."

"Oh no. I don't even want to know. We'll send some men down to clean up the body before anyone notices."

"Okay."

What the hell is he talking about? Shit! He was planning to murder Luke from the beginning. Was this a setup? He knew what Luke would threaten me with from the beginning. He left me with Luke to distract him so he could kill him. He must be part of some kind of gang. I need to get away from him. I will just pretend to be asleep for a while. Then tell him that I'm not going to say anything. Then I will call the police. Ahhhhhh. Fuck. I'm freaking out on the inside. I can't believe that I'm sitting on a murders lap. Is he going to kill me? Or worse rape me before he kills me!

Yoongi lays his phone on the table. He leans into my face. I feel his warm breath on my jaw. He rubs the upper part of my thigh. I continue to fake my sleeping persona, ignoring his actions.

He whispers to me.

"I know you're awake baby. And I know that you heard me."

His other hand travels up my skirt then he squeezes the part of my inner thigh closest to my core making my eyes shoot open and a gasp escaped my mouth. My fearful eyes meet his devilish ones.

"Please don't hurt me. I won't say anything. Please!"

"No baby. Don't worry. I would never hurt you." I could feel the sincerity of his words wrap around my heart. He rubs my back to comfort me but doesn't allow me to leave his lap.

"W-what are you?" I ask wishing that I could put the words back in my mouth after expelling them.

" I'm kinda like a cop."

"What do you mean kinda?"

"I'm a special type of justice." He laughs to himself at his stupid comment.

"I I need to go home."

I begin to slide off his lap but he pulls my waist and I slam back into his chest.

"You're coming with me princess. You're not going home for a while."

I look at him with wide eyes silently asking what he meant by that. He just laughs to himself. A peculiar car horn sounds. Mr. Min's attention averts to it. He stands up. Causing his grip on me to loosen. I free myself from is grasp, I take this opportunity to make a run for it. I race out of the room into the blackened school hallways.