Chapter 19

His Truth

Yoongi's POV

Her sobs scratch my heart as my ears guide me to the pale bathroom door.

"Amanda, why are you crying?" I ask in mumbled speech, afraid of the answer.

I listen to her choke on her cries, trying to silence her emotions. This neglect tugs at my heart, if only she knew what I would do to ensure that her eyes would never rain again.

"Hey, talk to me, I'm here for you. Let me help you. Just open the door, baby."

I lay my forehead on the chill of the wood and plead. Her small sniffles nip my my eardrums until the sound of flowing tap water devours them. I can only imagine the grief that has spilt these tears. I yearn for vengeance on whoever caused her this pain.

I used to believe love was only overgrown lust, but now I know that it's much more. It's the most valuable thing that I've ever known, and I've just lost it. It pains me that she's too blinded to know how obsessed I am with her smile and the way her hair stands up every morning. I used to fall asleep to the sound of her little snores. It was for a small moment in my life where I felt complete. A feeling that she gifted me, a feeling that I would trade all my possessions for. Why can't she see that? Facts may be strong but our connection is far greater.

The way she looks at me is with vengeance. She craves my suffering and it pains me to see. But she's right. I deserve to suffer. I was irresponsible for bringing her to my family. To think that I could marry her to solve my problems. I'm in more debt than anyone could ever imagine. I just want to protect her from these demons we both carry.

I surrender to her silence and leave her to mourn; then wander into the living room to find my mother planted on the couch with a perverted book and a glass of red wine.

I eye the glass then her. "Really, wine? Did you even eat breakfast yet?"

She rolls her eyes and raises her middle finger.

I sigh in annoyance. "Did you do something to Amanda?"

She takes a long sip of her wine and licks her lips. "Maybe..."

I stomp to her and snatch the glass out of her hands. "What did you do?!"

"Hey calm down. I just had a talk with her." She says with a sinister grin and cocky tone.

"About?"

"I just told her that she's gotta smarten up. She thinks she's hot shit because she's marrying you. She gives everyone so much attitude. I told her that she's not family yet. She's the shit under my shoe-"

"Where did my father take her yesterday?"

"Um, I don't know. I didn't even know that he took her out."

"You're a bitch," I say after tossing the wine in her face. The abrupt action startled and sent her in a tornado of prissiness. It brought me great pleasure listening to her squeal once realizing her white fur coat was drenched in the substance.

I drag my feet into the kitchen while running my fingers through my hair. Jimin sits at the end of the table with an empty bowl in front of him. He strikes me with those devilish eyes and creepy smile. He always seems to be up to something and he always is. I've learned to expect it. "Stop looking at me," I say coldly.

"I'm just admiring your beauty. Sorry, are you shy?" Jimin teases.

"Shut up, cunt" I sip my glass and begin my exit; then his haunting voice halts me.

"I know what you're doing..."

I choke on my heart and peek at him through my periferal. He cocks an eyebrow sending an uneasy feeling through my stomach. Does he know?

I soak up the courage to speak, "Know what?"

"What your real intentions are...with Amanda and what you've done."

"Oh, ya and what's that." I turn my body and sit across the table from Jimin." We stare at each other like lethal mutts on leashes, about to brawl at any moment

"I know that you love her-"

"That's ridicul-" I defend.

"Is it? You were out in America looking for her. You were gonna trade her in? Wasn't that the plan? To pay your debt...But you fell in love and you won't give her away. If you just gave the girl up, all of your problems would be solved. You'd never have to live in this gang hell anymore. But you choose to live in this mess of a life so you can have her. You're an idiot. She doesn't even love you anymore. She hates you."

The memories of my previous intentions with her sicken me. I feel tremendous shame.

"Shut up Jimin-"

"I'm not done. Now your new plan. You flushed your old one down the toilet. This is what you're doing right now and nobody knows but me and you... You think with that position and her money you can take down Jin. But you know that marrying her isn't enough to get the position. You need a child before you can obtain anything. I know that you are trying to get her pregnant so you could fix everything. We both know that once she's pregnant she can never escape us. Our parents will never let her go. She'll be one of us."

"How do you know this?" I fall into the hypnosis of his words. It's impossible for him to obtain this information. My plans were only discussed in my own head. I'm speechless.

"Because you and I think the same. I know you.."

"I swear to God Jimin if you tell her about any of this I'll kill you, and that's a promise."

"Oh no, I would never," Jimin says sarcastically. " Yes you love her but you lied to her and tried to get her pregnant without her even knowing. I wonder what she'd do if she knew the truth. She'd probably be locked in the bathroom right now crying."

My eyes pop out of my head. "It was you.." I say infuriated.

"No Yoongi. It was you."

"What's the point of all of this?! Are you just trying to fuck with me?!" I cry.

"She hates you and will never forgive you. You have to let her go if you don't you could get killed. You can't fight off Jin, just give her back. I'm sick of all of this family drama and I'm not going down because you're too stupid to let her go. Jin will take everything from us."

"I'm not giving her to that filthy bastard. How dare you even speak of that Jimin."

"I didn't want to do this, but you give me no choice." Jimin sighs and steals a sip of my water. "You have two options...let me marry Amanda. With her money and becoming leader of the mafia we will take down Jin-"

"Never! Not in a million fucking years," I spit.

"Or...I return her to Jin right now and receive my payment that way."