Chapter 15

Date Night

I throw my soaked towel into the laundry bin after air drying my hair. I tie it up in a mangled bun then dress. Yoongi's hoodie falls sloppily off of my tiny body, swallowing my black running shorts.

The door to the bathroom swings open, releasing clouds of leftover steam and Yoongi with a towel wrapped around his hips. His toothbrush hangs from his mouth as the water from his charcoal bangs drip onto his bare chest.

Through the brush in his mouth he manages to mumble, "Get your shoes on we're going out for dinner."

"Dude I don't have nice clothes and you're naked. We can't go out for dinner."

"It's not a fancy place just give me a second to get dressed," he responds.

He walks over to his dresser, drops his towel and slips on his boxers. Then something hits me.

"Yoongi?'

"Ya," He mutters.

"Where are we?"

"Uh, my house..." He murmurs as he buckles up the belt around his jeans.

I sigh in relief, "Oh okay."

Then he finishes his sentence." ...Uh, my house..in Daegu."

Fury fills me. I am outraged that he forced me here when I already made it very clear that I did not approve. "Yoongi! What the fuck! Ooo I'm so fucking mad right now. I told you no. You bast-"

He stomps towards me with his shirt in his hand, eyes piercing through my soul. He shoots a death glare my way that sends shivers down my spine. I shut up and bite my tongue, looking up to meet his gaze.

"Look I told you, you'll be safe here. There are two people after you; Jin and this mysterious man they call RED. Scream and pout all you want you're not going back home until it's safe. You're staying with me and its for your own good." He grits his teeth trying to bite down his temper.

"Fuck you! Why do you care?!" I pout.

His anger finally devours him. "You're acting like a child; you don't know whats best for you! You're an ungrateful little brat!"

"You don't give a shit about me! You just want my ass!" I cry.

He looked appalled by my obscure comment."What the fuck are you talking about? Are you that blind? I just broke into one of the most powerful mafia leader's house while it was being attacked by an undercover genius to save your ass! I could have died! If Jin finds out that RED didn't take you but I did, he'll have my head on a stick."

My thoughts freeze. He didn't cause the panic in Jin's palace, it was RED.

"I don't want to scare you but you have no idea how much danger you are in. RED probably has the same agenda as Jin. If you get captured by either of them your life is over. You will be abused, controlled, raped, isolated, the children they force on you will suffer. I want you to be happy and safe. Trust me and I'll make sure that you are." He takes in a deep breathe. "Amanda, what do you want in life?"

"What do you mean?" I asked puzzled.

"What do you want? If you could wish it, what would it be?"

"I want to be safe. I want Jin's gang gone. I want him dead."

He shakes his head and sighs. "No, not like that. What do you want for yourself."

"I'm not sure...What do you want?" I ask this question curious to see if he wishes to spend the rest of his life a criminal. 

His expression is as dead and serious as it has ever been. "I want out. Out of the gang life...I hate it. I hate the things it makes me do. I hate the things that make me do it. I want a simple life. A wife, kids a family, nine to five job, maybe even a dog. I want simplicity. This life isn't for me."

The picture he painted in my mind instantly calmed me.

"I-I'm sorry. You were right. It is safer here."

"It's alright. I'm sorry too."

I fall into his arms and he squeezes me tight.

"Dinner?" I whisper.

He chuckles. "Yeah, then I'll take you to the mall and we can get you some nice clothes."

I tried to stop him but he insisted. You would think spending as much money as he did today would drain his wallet. Just looking at the man you would never assume that he's sitting on millions of dollars.

"Let's try that store," He jokingly says pointing to a Victoria Secret.

"Shu-" I gasp. I feel warm liquid soak my underwear. My eyes go wide and I freeze.

"What is it?" He asks

"Uhh umm. It's fine," I respond sheepishly.

"Just tell me," he says blandly.

"Uh I kinda don't want to, its embarrassing, I'm fine don't worry."

"You can tell me. I won't judge you. Just tell me."

I hesitate. "Uh, I think that I just got my period."

Awkwardness eats us. "Oh well um wow okay, c'mon lets go," he replies.

I follow him.

"How bad is it? Can you wait until we get home or do you want to stop at the drug store and grab something?"

"Uh, do you have anything at home like that that I can use?"

"Okay, we're going to the drugstore."

A few minutes later we arrive at the drugstore. He parks the car in front of the glass doors and gets out but I don't. I sit in the passenger's seat nervously playing with my fingers.

"Aren't you coming," He asks.

"I leaked through my shorts. Can you get it for me?" I whisper in embarrassment.

He is caught off guard for a second but regains his composure and nods obediently. "Yeah, no problem sit tight princess."

I watch him as he scurries through every aisle before finding the right one. He scratches the back of his head and scowls at the millions of options. I had never seen him so lost. I guess that everyone has their weaknesses and his is tampons.

He studies the label of the box thoroughly then scoops it up. Soon he prances back. He hands me the plastic shopping bag and sticks his cheek out for a kiss that I gladly give. "Thank you," I say after getting my lips back.

I pull the box out of the bag and read it.

"Super Jumbo Extra Absorbant Tampons?!!"

"What?" He says defensively.

"What do you mean what! Why didn't you just get the regular size?"

"I-I I just thought that the bigger the better."

"You told me that I was tight! Am I not?" I say self-consciously.

"No, you are! Can you just use these?"

"No, they won't fit."

"What do you mean? I fit?"

"Ah shut up. Go try again!"