Chapter 22

Truth

Jimin's POV

Our eyes connected between the thin gold bars, his green feathers ruffling up as he squawks my name. I make my way over to his cage and offer my finger as a stepping stool. His little feet travel up my arm and onto my shoulder to kiss my cherry stained lips. I massage his silky head and fall onto the couch, letting out a sigh and taking a sip of coke. As soon as the glass meets my lips his tiny beak swarms the rim trying to drink all of the coke he can manage. I surrender to his great ambition and he drinks.

I am pulled out of my sanctuary when I hear the slam of a door and a female screech next door. I immediately jump off of my chair. Paulie flies off of my shoulder and lands on the roof of his cage, breathing heavily. I hear cursing of names and cries of lost hope. I sprint to find myself at the outskirts of the closed doorway. I peek through the lock hole, not daring to join the eruption inside.

I crouch to see my brother wrestle Amanda over the window ledge. She squirms and screams cursing his name. He returns the bashful words as he pulls her over his shoulder to drop her on the hardwood floor. Tears leak from her swollen eyes. My brother wears a face that I've never seen before. I've never seen him so shattered and demolished. He looks as if someone has just stabbed him in the heart. He stares at her with emotionless eyes, no words to say. He forgets to breathe and my heart aches for him. I knew she was a bad idea from the start; the moment he spoke about her I knew he was love sick. When you live a life like this love isn't sustainable. Anything or anyone you love will die. You can't love in this bloodline. This blood turns love into tears.

In a broken voice he mutters, " W-were you trying to leave?"

Her gaze falls to the floor as she nods her head, tears dripping from her cheeks.

Yoongi lets out a small cry as he runs his hands across his face. "Why! Why!" He yells in bitter pain. "Do you hate me that much? Do you really think I was Just using you?!"

She continues to respond with silence. It's worse than saying the most spiteful words. "Speak! Say Something!" He begs.

"What am I supposed to think? You don't tell me anything? Make me believe you! Please!" She cries in broken words.

Tears spew from their eyes and fall to the floor. "I'm sorry. I should've told you all from the beginning. I'm sorry."

He pulls her off the ground and into a tight hug. They hold it for a few moments sanctifying each others warmth.

"Sit down let me explain," he says as he wipes the tears from her cheeks.

They sit at the edge of the bed and she stares at him with swollen eyes anticipating the truth yet to be told.

He lets out a sigh and begins his confession. "I was sent to America for a special mission. The mission was life or death. And... you were the mission. I was sent by Jin to bring you to him in Korea. I am in severe debt to him and that was the only way out. To bring you to him. I posed as a teacher at your school. The plan was to develop a relationship with you, so I could get close to you and kidnap you. But there was a huge problem. The more I was with you the more I fell for you. I began to care about you. The thought of sending you to that bastard sickened me. So I decided to take my chances. I figured the only chance we had against Jin was getting married and overpowering him with our combined wealth. I'm not using you as a pawn. I love you and I'm doing everything in my power to keep you by my side."

"B-but Yoongi. You can't keep me. He'll kill you; I can't let you do this." She sobs falling into his arms.

"How did you get in debt with Jin?" She asks.

"Jimin came up with an idea to overthrow him, I helped and it failed. Our repayment for our sins was to bring you to him, but we didn't."

"Y-Yoongi you can't-"

"I am. I don't care about the consequences I'm not letting him touch you."

They wrap their arms around each other and soak up each other's light.

I can't help but regret the fact that I never took matters into my own hands and drove her to Jin's mansion myself. My brother will die because of this girl.

She breaks the hug and wears a concerning look. "I also have a confession."

"Amanda, I already know about what you and Jimin were planning. Don't worry about it. I'm not mad; I understand."

"That's not it.."

He looks at her concerningly. " I wasn't just trying to escape because of you. I was worried that I'd be stuck here if they all found out..." She pauses and collects her courage, "...found out that I'm pregnant."

She bursts into tears and hides her face in her palms. He picks up her chin and says, "Hey baby why are you crying, This is great. Be happy."

"No! I'm going to be a terrible mother! When I found out I tried to kill us both." She rolls up her sleeves to reveal the collection of wounds covering her arms. She holds her stomach and pauses. " I described it as a demon. I was so scared. I was so selfish."

Yoongi recovers the wounds and swallows his pain." Its okay," he whispers.

He turns her head to meet eyes. "Listen we are gonna have this baby and defeat Jin. I'm certain. I'll protect both of you. I promise."