Chapter 23

Necessary Silence

Jimin's POV

I use the door to support my weight as the energy drains from my legs. I continue to spy through the keyhole and listen to them reunite. I shift my feet ever so slowly to hide sound; but just my luck, I trip over my own feet, resulting in a face plant. The thud echoes throughout the house. My brother's curiosity consumes him, he ventures to the door to investigate. With each footstep, my heart beats a second faster. My mind spins in circles, too indecisive to make a decision. I know exactly what I could do right now. It would be too easy. Should I leave this be or go with my gut? Sometimes the hard decision is the right decision. The nob turns and his head peaks through the tiny space, revealing the static in his hairs. At that moment I make up my mind. I launch my foot at the door, shooting at Yoongi's skull. The sound of him collapsing was expected but shocking to me. I'm doing this to keep him safe yet I'm causing him great pain in the process. What a messed up world this is. I rush into the room to check on my brother's condition. Just as I expected, he was out cold. Amanda immediately swarms him and curses my name.

I grab little arm and sealed her mouth with my hand. I hold her to my chest and drag her down the stairs as she squirms. I toss her into the passenger seat and lock her in before I rush to the driver's side and speed off.

"Jimin what the fuck are you doing are you crazy!"

"Shut up!" I yell.

"Where are you taking me?" She growls.

"Where do you think?" I respond.

Terror fills her face, " No please! Don't bring me there." Tears fill her eyes. "Jimin why are you doing this. You're fucking evil."

"I'm not. If anyone evil it's you. You're selfish. You'd rather risk the life of your child, Yoongi and his entire family than go back to Jin. That's messed up." I let out a deep breath and attempt to contain myself. "Look I don't want to do this but I have no choice. If you go to Jin now he'll think that the baby is his. Yoongi will be free of debt and everyone will be safe."

Her eyes stare without focus. Her breathes halt, and her mind races. "I hate you for this, but you're right," she mumbles in a shameful tone.

"Listen, this is going to be very difficult but there are some very hard things that you're going to have to do when you get there, for Yoongi and the baby." She nods and waits for instruction. "You need to make sure you sleep with Jin as soon as possible so he is under the impression that the child is. If he finds out it's Yoongi's he'll kill it."

She nods her head.

"Second if he asks you tell him you were captured by RED that night. Me and Yoongi found you and bright you back. Okay?"

She nods again and sniffles, recovering from her sobs. "Jimin..."

"Yes..."

"I'm scared," she says with a small shaky voice.

"I know." I bite my lip and try to contain my emotions. "You love him; don't you?"

"Yes."

"Then do it for him and his child."

Emotions devour me and I can't help but to let a few tears fall. "I'm so sorry that this is happening to you. I really wish it didn't have to be like this."

I beginning to doubt the purity of my actions. Is this right? And if it is, why does it feel so wrong?

"It's okay Jimin. We are doing what we have to. For Yoongi." She pauses. " You know that he'll hate you for this. You're sacrificing a lot for him. More than you want to."

For the next five minutes, there is silence. No words are spoken. Even the radio pays its respects. Then her mouth opens one last time. "Can I ask you for something?"

"Of course," I respond.

"If I have ever have the chance to kill Jin will you help me?"

I nod and the sound of silence returns.