Chapter 16

Mouth of Flies

His mother was an oddly peculiar woman. Her thick jet black hair was cut perfectly straight across her shoulders. She waved us in the door frantically with her tiny hands, which were sealed with white silky gloves. Her eyes never met mine. She didn't even care to greet me. She looked at me but not into me, she studied my face and body like a doctor with a sick patient. I stood at the front door like a statue not sure how to react. I looked Yoongi for some guidance but he just shook his head and sighed. After studying me in silence she spits out the words "I approve" in Korean.

Now I sit at the table with a full fish on my plate surrounded by pairs of eyes studying my every move. When he asked me if I'd like to stop by his mother's house for dinner, I didn't think it would be so formal. I begin to drown myself in water to avoid the chance to speak. I have to fill the awkwardness somehow. Soon my cup runs dry, but as if on command a sweet little maid pops out from the dining room doors with a picture of water. I hold my breath as she pours.

The dining table is filled with about ten strangers, their faces decorated with candlelight. At the end sits whom I believe is Yoongi's father. Across from me is a handsome gentlemen with fluffy blonde bangs and big brown eyes. Those eyes fill with fire each time they strike Yoongi. His mother is seated near his father and is eyeing me ever once in a while. Yoongi sits directly across from his father at the end of the table. They look quite similar. Their eyes and nose match, but their auras don't. His father carries pride and joy on his shoulders. But Yoongi's shoulders sag and are filled with mysterious burden.

The room is suffocating with silence. Im about to drown. We lock eyes. "What is going on? Why is everyone so quiet?" I whisper to Yoongi. It took him a minute to find his thought but when he finally opens his mouth to speak, his words are swallowed by the proud man at the end of the table. He clears his throat obnoxiously and says my name. I almost choke on my water.

Is respond but stutter. "Y-yes?"

"How old are you?"

"Uh, I will be 18 in December."

"Ah no. I want quick responses to get to the point. No fluff." He sighs " Amanda how old are you?"

"17."

"Good. Good... My son seems to find quite the interest in you."

I smile shyly lost in the conversation.

"Are you a virgin?" He asks.

I choke on the fucking air. Holy shit. Did he actually just ask me that? I look at Yoongi helplessly. He answers the question with a nod to his father.

"Alright," he says before shoving a full fork in his big mouth.

"Dad stop asking these silly questions," says Yoongi.

"Shh. That was all I had to ask. I approve. You're one step closer to being the big owner son. I'm proud of you."

"Yoongi bows his head respectfully. The man across from him slams his fist on the table. His fluffy bangs jump. "Are you fucking kidding me? She's not even 18! It's not fair. I've worked my ass off to become the next owner. I killed people, stole money, almost died trying to deliver your product and he gets applause for bringing home a pretty girl so mom can have fucking grandchildren. If that's all you wanted me to get? A woman? I can buy one right now!"

"Jimin! Watch your mouth!" His mother screeches.

Then his father stomps on his words. "She isn't just some pretty girl son. She's the heir to a lot of money. That is why he is applauded and not you."

Jimin turns around and grabs Yoongi by his collar pulling him out of his seat. They stare into each other eyes like angry dogs. Comotion is created and people rush to the tow men. Soon their father pries them apart.

Yoongi grabs my arm harshly and drags me up the stairs into a large vintage room. He slams the door behind us and locks it.

My heart hurts. I feel the words that Jin said stab right through it. 'Oh c'mon do you think that Yoongi actually cares about you. He's probably in the same boat I am in right now. He wants to advance his position, so he was gonna get a dumb girl to fall in love with him. Think about it; you're perfect. You're young and got money, his parents would love you. Why do you think that he pretended to be a teacher huh?'

Tears gather in my eyes but I don't dare to let them fall. I can't believe that all he did was a lie. I spent a week with him alone and that week I felt like the world was just about to get brighter. He seemed so genuine. Too many times I've been taking advantage of; people take my innocence for granted. He's not getting away with this.

"I can't fucking believe you! You're fucking sick and twisted Yoongi. You-you used me..."

"No baby I didn't. Please listen to me."

He reaches for my hand to hold by I slap it away.

"Jin was right you don't care about me! You're just another asshole who needs a bitch." The words I say to hurt him leave gouges in my heart. They pain me more then they do him.

My angry voice breaks into a sad soft one unconsciously. "Did you ever care about me?"

The tears well up in his eyes. He runs up to me and cups my cheek catching all of my tears. "Yes baby I've always cared and I still do. I love you."

I want to sink into his arms and fall into his hypnotic eyes. But I must be strong. I have to defend myself; I'm not that naive girl that I used to be. "I'm not falling for that bullshit." I throw his hands away. "You're full of shit."

I stomp past him and slam the bathroom door behind me. I hear his fist smash through the drywall. "I'm going home! I'm not marrying an asshole like you!'" I shout.

"You don't have a choice sweetheart! I dare you to run away; if Jin finds you he won't be as nice as me! He'll fucking kill you for running away!"

"Fuck you I'm not staying here!"

"Yes, you are! It was a three-hour drive! We're spending the night!"

"Fuck no!"

I can hear his stomps come close to the door. I lock it instantly. He tries the handle but it is no use. He sighs angrily. "Open the door," he murmurs through gritted teeth. I laugh like a little brat tauntingly.

"Open. The. Door." He says in a sinister tone. I haven't seen him this mad in a long time. I forgot about his demonic side. I contemplate for a seconds and weigh my options, then a thud pulls me out of my thoughts.

His foot strikes the door. It trembles and cracks.

"Ah okay! Stop! Don't kick it open; I'll unlock it," I plead.

I unlock the door and slowly slide it open, revealing an angry Yoongi on the other side. He scowls at me, arms crossed. "I'm done with your shit. I know that you think that I played you but I didn't." His words begin to soften. "Baby please, believe me, I love you this hurts so much."

Those lies slither off his tongue and poison my ears. He's used that same helpless tone so many times, that proves it. It was all a lie. My shattered heart fills with flames.