In my times that was love

Christopher looked around, was in the passenger seat and James was driving, the streets had snow piled on the sidewalks. He didn't know where they were going and Thomas's father didn't tell him where they going. To his complete horror he had forgotten his cell phone somewhere in the house so if the blond tried to kill him, he would have no way of asking for help and didn't want to use his military training again, he was afraid of hurting someone. The blonde parked the car in front of a store where almost nobody was there and Chris swallowed heavily.

-Good we arrived-said getting out of the car
-Excellent-

The youngest of the blondes under the car and followed the older inside the establishment that was a bar. It sounded logical he could say that they got into a drunken brawl and justify his death. They both sat in the high chairs that were near the bar.

-You must question yourself why I bring you here-
-Yes, well I...-
-Christopher, don't try to hide it-
-I assure you Mr. Hiddleston that it was never my intention...-
-Of course it was-

He felt the blood rise to his cheeks because of the shame.

-And you don't have to, I'm happy that you focus on making Tom happy before us-

That puzzled him, hadn't he engendered that he and Tom made love less than three meters away from his room?

-What?-
-Listen Christopher I know you must think I'm a bad father, because of the way I treat Tom the first day ...-

Yes, yes he believed it.

-... but it's not because Tom likes men. It was because I wanted to see what kind of man he brought home-
-How? refers to that ...-
-Well yes, Tom had already brought another boy home ... a good for nothing. But don't put on that face, which was a long time ago-he said, giving him a sympathetic look and a pat on the back

That was a bit painful. Yes it was stupid, to feel that way when he didn't even know Tom at the time but still felt disappointed. Tom was the first person for whom he felt something in years and the first man he would take home and he wasn't the first to sleep in the same bed in Tom's room in his parents' house.

-And I can tell you that I am very satisfied with his choice-said James bringing him back to reality-The bad way that I have treated you isn't personal, I usually do it with all the couples of my children to determine if they are good for them and I can say that you have my approval. I see that both are so happy together, they respect each other, they support each other, they take care of each other and even they shut up each other, they are willing to live together with all the ups and downs that it entails and in my times that was love-
-Thanks-he said with sincerity

Knowing that he was finally fully accepted into the hiddleston family gave him great happiness and satisfaction knowing that he finally had the approval to be with Tom forever.

-I propose a toast because at last my son brought someone who is worthy of him. Bartender two submarines-ordered the biggest of blondes

Christopher look with blue eyes impressed watching Thomas's father, it was barely 14:52 according to the clock they had in the canteen. It was something early to drink, in a short time appeared before them two jars of beer and two full tequila glasses. The blue-eyed mayor emptied the contents of the tequila glasses in the beer and took his, the Australian imitated them and delicately clasped the jars and then drank them. He wasn't sure how much time had passed the only thing he knew was that his head was already a little dull with alcohol and thanks to this the Briton told him about Thomas' ex-boyfriend and at the same time a deep fear awakened him. Tom liked men and if he left him for another? He decided to ignore that depressing thought and hurry what would be the fifth submarine they took, he must admit that spending his time with three brothers and soldiers had given him a resistance to alcohol because unlike James wasn't completely drunk.

-James I think we should go-said to see that the clock marked 18:26
-But ...it's ... fun ... another round and ... and we go-asked dragging the words
-I think not. Could bring us the account-
-But I want...another...one-he grumbled trying to grab a jar but he only got it to fall
-It will need to pay for that-said the bar man with a face of few friends
-Of course, how much is it?-he said, taking out his wallet
-Everything and the jar, 120 pounds-

He took the necessary amount out of his wallet and handed it to him.

-Excuse me, do you know how to get to this street?-said taking out the identification card from James wallet.

Since it didn't seem like a good idea to drive a car with alcohol in his system, fortunately the bar man gave him the instructions and dragging James away, halfway down the road he fell on a snow mound unable to stand.

-Shit, Mr. Hiddleston is fine?-ask turning over to see if he wasn't hurt-James?-

For his fortune he wasn't, so he took it and put it on his shoulder like a sack of potatoes and kept walking towards the Hiddleston residence. It didn't take long for him to arrive and when he was in front of the door he rang the bell and Thomas and Diana opened the door and they had the same expression of concern.

💙💙💙

Dear readers, this chapter served to clarify James' attitude to his son. I hope you like it and we read on the next chapter.