AL fifteen: A little closer

The next day, Yeri left early in the morning not wanting to bump into the guy next door, it's not that she didn't want to see him, she was afraid he'd break up with her. She'll just escape for now.

She passed the research to their teacher and she thought that he'd atleast show up at school but he didn't. She was still hurt by what he said yesterday but a part of her is worried about him.

Yeri plugged her earphones and plopped down on her desk then looked outside the window. Woo Hyun and Saeron looked at each other then looked at Yeri again.

"Ah~ If I knew this is going to happen, I shouldn't have given up on him." Saeron said. Woo Hyun glared at her, Saeron's mouth twitched. "hmp."

"You can think about other guys when you're with me... " Woo Hyun said to her. Saeron looked up to him, what does he mean? "Just don't tell it outloud because it hurts me." He then left Saeron speechless.

After Jungkook rejected her, she only noticed Woo Hyun then.  That day he confessed to her and it occured to her that he's also a guy, not just a close friend. Since then, things between them had changed but Yeri still doesn't know since she didn't answer Woo Hyun yet. Everytime he looks at him, she can't help but think about his confession.

"I loved you since we were ten and I thought it was okay not to tell you because we we're so close that no one could get in between but I forgot that you could also like someone else, It was like... we're in a relationship but not, close friend but not more than lovers. I know that telling you this can risk our friendship but... If it means I can have you then I'm willing to take the risk even if our friendship is at stake. I'll make you fall inlove with me."

Saeron doesn't know what to do so she didn't give him an answer but he never asked anyway. She looked at Yeri and sighed, she wanted to ask her for help but she look depressed now, she's not even telling her what's wrong.

I need my bestfriend back...

***

After school, Yeri stayed behind. Almost all her classmates went home already but she was too weak to go to work. She just looked at the chair next to her. Is there a handbook about relationship or what? she barely focused on her work yesterday, she doesn't know if she can handle today as well.

Dragging her bag, she decided to go to work. Mopping around because of a guy will cause her nothing.

Yeah, nothing but headache.

She walked through the covered walk of their school. The sky is dark like it's about to rain and a bit windy, just like her mood today. Yeri shivered from the cold.

I should've brought an umbrella.

She stopped on her track when she saw someone leaning on a column of the covered walk, her breath caught up on her throat and her heart started to beat rapidly.

He's wearing a black jacket and he was leaning with his hands on his pockets. He was looking down as if waiting. When he felt her presence, he looked up and stood straight facing her.

Yeri took a step forward just looking at him, she wanted to run but she need to settle things with him.

Is this it? Is this the end? Is he going to break up with me now?

She was not like this before, she never relied to anyone but unknowingly, her heart just leaned towards him as if she found solace and if things between them end today, it will break her, after all she's just a girl. For the first time in her life, she was anxious.

Yeri gathered her courage to smile at him and sighed. "Before anything else, I just want you to know that I've never been happy in my life and I like you for who you are, your past and imperfections. So if you are ever going to break up with me, I want you to know that I'm happy for all the times that I spent with you." She said closing her eyes since she didn't want to see his reaction.

"What are you saying? who's breaking up who?" Jungkook asked puzzled. He thought she wanted to break up with him, why is it the other way around? He? will break up with her? that's ridiculous.

Yeri opened her eyes. "What? then... you're not breaking up with me?"

"Why would I?" He asked in disbelief. "I came here to apologize, I thought you're the one who'll break with me."

Yeri then froze What? then.. we thought we will dump each other? Our friends will surely laugh at us if they hear this.

The two of them just looked at each other for almost a minute and laughed out loud.

And here Yeri thought she'll be going to work with a single status. She was glad he didn't want to break up with her.

It was Jungkook who first stopped laughing and looked at her seriously. He smiled and opened his arms to her, Yeri didn't have to ask but ran into his arms letting go of her bag before hugging him tightly.

Jungkook ran his fingers through her hair while hugging her. It felt like a heavy mountain was lifted off his shoulder that he never felt so light before. Her whole being just warm up his heart that he never wanted to let go of her, he want her in his arms forever.

He thought she was just hugging him when he felt his jacket was damp with tears. He hold onto her shoulder and looked at her face. Her eyes and nose was red.

He wiped her tears. "I'm sorry... I know you're not like other girls and I shouldn't have shouted at you. It's my fault for not believing you... I'm sorry. It won't happen again."

Yeri shook her head. "It's okay... it's my fault too, I thought that I will bother you and you don't like it if I talk too much so I never said anything to you. I'll tell you everything from now on even if you hate it."

Jungkook grinned, stroking her head he said. "Please do." After that, he pulled her closer putting his one arm around her shoulder while facing the rain his other hand is on the pocket of his jacket.

Yeri didn't knew that it was raining already but she didn't mind if she can't go to work today.

Just for today.

She leaned to his shoulder and closed her eyes, For the first time since they started dating, she felt a little closer to him.

***
A/N

I think it'll be awhile before I update again.

Thank you for reading ! :)