AL Twenty-three: Confession

Yeri opened her eyes slowly, the white ceiling was the first thing that she saw. She remembered she was outside a souvenir shop with Seulgi and Wendy uunie after buying something when her vision became blurred and she passed out. Her friends must've been worried.

She looked around her sorrounding then she felt someone stirred beside her, it was Jungkook lying his head beside her, she just realized that he's holding her hand.

Yeri grinned and carressed his hair with her other hand. He looked stress and serious even when he's asleep.

She felt him move and sat up straight while looking at her. Yeri smiled at him immediately but he just frowned. What's wrong now?

"You've got a nerve to smile right now? Look at your state!"

Yeri giggled and pull Jungkook closer to her so she could hug him. At first he didn't move but felt him wrapping his arms around her later on.

"I'm sorry, but thanks to that you're here."

"I called you many times but I can't reach you. What the hell is wrong with your phone? You should change a new one."

Yeri rolled her eyes but smirked at his thoughts. "Don't even think about buying me a new one because I won't let you."

"We'll see." Jungkook said. If she still have no phone beforr her birthday then he'll get it for her, that way she won't make a fuss. "Why are you working too much anyway? Do you have some debts to pay? Want me to lend you some?

Yeri then remembered something when he mentioned 'debt'. She let go of him and looked for her shoulder bag.

"Can you please get my bag?" She said pointing at her bag on the couch.

Jungkook was puzzled. What's with her bag all of a sudden? Still, he went and get it for her.

Yeri opened her bag and rustled inside. She took a black cap and  a black velvet box.

"For you." She handed him the cap.

Jungkook frowned. The cap was a branded one and the one he was meaning to buy but haven't got the chance.

"Because you got me shoes, I wanted to give you one in exchange." She said beaming a smile.

Jungkook looked down on the cap, a lump forming in his throat. He looked away and sighed stopping himself to cry. She worked overtime just for a cap?

He looked back at her again and thought that it's worth fighting her from the people who are against them. He was not emotional about the cap but to the time she spent just so she could buy it for him, and because he witnessed all the hard work she does, it became more valuable to him.

She's a girl but she doesn't tell him a thing she wants to do, she's not even demanding.

"And another thing, here." She put the velvet box down on the bed.

Jungkook opened and chuckled at what he just saw before looking at her with a mocking face.

"Seriously?" Out of all things, why a bunny?

Yeri laughed out loud clutching her stomach. She knew that's what he's going to say that's why she bought the bunny key chain, there are two so they could have one each.

"You bought it because you knew I'm going to hate it right?"

Yeri nodded still laughing. Jungkook shake his head then took one keychain and hang it on the air then stared at it. Just the thought of his hyungs finding out about it, he'd surely hide out of embarassment.

But he'll still use it just for the sake of looking at her happy expression. Just like today.

Yeri sighed and her expression became serious, she looked down on her lap. "I'm an orphan so I don't know how to express my feelings openly but when I met you... you taught me to express myself more. It was new to me. I can't tell you directly the things that are bothering me so I do things my own way. I've never depended on anyone but you came along... I got scared. I started to depend on you that's why I got angry when you left for your home, I was scared you won't come back to me anymore..." She was embarassed to tell him that because it might turn him off if she told him that she's depending on him. She looked straight at him. "I love you." she admitted as tears started streaming down on her face.

Jungkook listened till the end and it certainly caught him off guard of her sudden confession. She looked like she has something else to say so he stayed silent even if he was itching to talk.

Yeri gasped for air and wiped her tears. She just want him to know her feelings. "...There are girls out there who are beautiful and more gentler than me. There are other girls out there who can give you everything that you want in an instant. While me, I can only give myself to you... I'm telling you this because I love you. It's not much but even if I can't do better things than other girls does, than only be there for you. I can offer you my shoulder to lean on when things are hard for you, I will support you in anything that you do and I'd still love you even if you became poor." She laughed on the last thing that she said even though she was sniffing.

Jungkook chuckled and pulled her for a hug. "It's a relief to know you're here for me because things are really hard for me right now. I don't care if people are against me being with you, as long your feelings for me don't change then I can do anything to protect you. Even if I lose everything..." He tightened his hug on her. They have to brace themselves for what's to come.

"...Because I love you."