AL seventeen: Weird

"What's wrong with her?" Jungkook asked Yeri's close friend in their classroom, she was called Saeron, the one who confessed to him but he rejected.

"I don't know, she's been like that since yesterday." Saeron answered.

Jungkook also noticed that day they were at the amusement park, she was acting weird.

He impatiently sighed and walked towards her before kicking her desk to get her attention since she was busy looking outside the window.

"Yah"

Yeri stirred and looked up as if she realized that she's in school but instead of getting angry and yelling Jungkook just like she used to when he bothers her, she just stared at him.

"wae? Do you need something? Ah, your lunch." She said handing him the lunch box but Jungkook didn't receive it.

"What's wrong with you?"

"Hm? wrong?" Yeri looked around her before setting her eyes back to Jungkook. "Nothing."

"Don't play dumb on me, you're acting weird!"

"Huh? What are you saying? you're the one who's acting weird."

"aish" Jungkook kicked her desk again and left.

Yeri shrugged. "He's the weird one." then went back looking outside the window again.

***

"So, you're saying that Yeri is acting weird but you don't why?" Hoseok asked using gestures, Jungkook nodded. It was just them two there.

Although he has no reason on going to the race track, he still went after taking Yeri to her work since he won't be there at midnight anymore. He'll just wait until her shift ends, meaning he'll have to wait for five hours before he pick her up.

Hoseok scratched his neck. "Is it her monthly?"

"I'd know if it is." She's very sensitive when she has something but now, it's really different.

"Tell me more."

Jungkook inched closer to his hyung.

"You know, she nags at me all the time when I talk back or don't do anything she says but lately she just let me off the hook, she's not even shouting at me, though the lunch is still the same. She just paces out of nowhere, she's not usually like that and she sighs more often now, earlier when I dropped her off--" Jungkook stopped talking when he saw his hyung grinning from ear to ear. "Hyung! Are you listening?"

Hoseok chuckled, "I am. I'm just amazed that you can also worry for a girl." Hoseok sat straight and became serious. "If she's letting you off the hook then..."

"Then?" Jungkook swallowed his saliva.

"She's tired of you" Hoseok said without hesitation.

"What?" Her? tired of him? Jungkook can't seem to accept that even comprehend, it's just unreasonable.

"She's tired of you, you said it yourself that she lets you off the hook. I think it's because you're too much of a trouble. Truthfully if I were her, no matter how good looking you are and how good you are at racing without those two, you're just an average ran away guy who goes against his father's bidding."

It's like a pin dropped there. Jungkook stared at his hyung and it's like a door was opened up to him, the door of realization.

"Really hyung?" Hoseok nodded. "Then, what should I do?"

Hoseok grinned "You know I'm good at things like that, right? I'll help you."

"Jinjja? Thanks! you're the best hyung." Jungkooks wide smile faded after seeing Hoseok's evil smile.

"Of course, there should be something for me too, right?"

"bwo? Hyung!"

"It's easy really. I just want to meet some girl, maybe Yeri's friend? It's for your sake anyway, so do you want my help or what?"

Jungkook thought for a moment before accepting his proposal. "Call, so what's your plan?"

"For starter, let me ask you one thing, how long were you dating each other?"

"How long? hmm... I think one and a half month already." No, maybe two months? He really doesn't keep track of the days.

"Okay, what did you get for her on your first monthsary?"

Jungkook leaned back on his chair and put his hand under his chin. "Is there such thing?" Jungkook looked at his hyung to find him have his mouth hanging on the air. "What? Why are you like that?"

"You mean... the two of you didn't celebrate your first month of being together?"

Jungkook shrugged as if it was nothing, why does he have to know? it's not like he ever dated before though he does hear things like that but he doesn't pay attention, besides both of them are busy.

Hoseok shake his head in disbelief. "aah... I feel sorry for Yeri, she got a good-for-nothing boyfriend."

"Yah hyung! How can you say that easily? I'm good to her you know."

"I know, but you also have to make her feel special from time to time, something she'll remember and hold onto for the rest of her life, that's why monthsaries and anniversaries were made."

Jungkook nodded understanding what he mean but at the same time, he felt like he forgot something. He's not that enthusiastic about doing something for Yeri so she could come back to her old self but he does want to give her something since all this time, she's the one who packs him lunch. The shoes he gave to her last time didn't count since they haven't start dating that time.

"So what should I do?"

Hoseok told him what to do but before anything else, Jungkook have to ask about a woman's opinion and there's only one person he could think of.

Scrolling through his cellphone, Jungkook looked up for his sister's number and called her.

"Noona, I need your help." Jungkook said as soon as Joy answered the call.

"Is the sky blue? Are roses red? To whom I owe this pleasure, my dear brother?"

Jungkook rolled his eyes at his sister's words, true it was the first time he called her for a favor but she's the only one he could  think of right now to ask for help.

"I want to give Yeri a gift. I'm wondering if you could give me an idea about what a girl would want."

He heard his sister chuckled on the other side. "My, my, Do I have to start giving my offerings to Yeri now? You really had it bad brother... Gift you say? hmm... how about we meet up? I'm actually here in the mall right now."

Jungkook glanced at the wall clock, he still have time before Yeri's shift ends. "Okay." Jungkook asked which mall and said he'll be there in an instant. Before Jungkook ended the call, his sister added.

"...Of course it won't be free, There has to be something for me brother."

Jungkook have lost count on how many times he rolled his eyes that night. "Fine, what do you want?"

"I'll think about it." Then Joy hanged up.

Jungkook stared at his phone. He can't believe that they are siblings, He might be cold but his sister is evil, she's a descendant of satan, God knows what kind of payment that woman is thinking, she's kind of over the top when thinking about all things. But as long as she can help him, Jungkook would give her anything that she wants.