AL twenty-four: Punishment

"You're not hiding something from me, are you?"

"I told you it's nothing. Now, don't go overworking yourself again, you hear me?" Jungkook said to Yeri over the phone.

Jungkook felt her rolled her eyes on the other side of the phone. He could already imagine her doing it. It's been a week since she was discharged but he's still worried about her. He wanted to see her but he was banned by his grandfather, putting all those bodyguards everywhere he goes. He can't even ride his bike, he lied to Yeri that it's on repairs.

"Fine. It's just... something's bothering me, I even cut my finger--"

"You cut your finger?! How can you be stupid! Are you alright?" Jungkook asked, panicking. It was lunch time so his classmates all looked at him when he shouted, he ignored them all.

"Don't shout! And it's nothing, just minor. By the way, are you eating well? Since you're home, you should eat." She said changing the topic, Jungkook knew it was for him to be distracted and it worked.

"Yeah, I'm eating. I miss your food." The food at their house is delicious but he'd still choose Yeri's food.

Yeri laughed. "I'm glad to hear that. I have to go, Saeron's glaring at me already." She whispered the last sentence.

It was Jungkook's turn to laugh, he was glad that she's with her friend. "Okay, I'll call you later." He said and was about to hang up when she stopped him.

"wait!-" Jungkook put his phone over his ear again to hear what she wants to say, she must've forgot something.

"What is it?" She's acting unusually shy, it's unlike her.

"...I love you bye!--" she abruptly said and hanged up.

Jungkook was taken aback, still holding his phone over his ear. A smile immediately crept on his face. That was the second time she said that to him.

You don't know just how much those words mean to me Kim Yerim.

He doesn't care anymore what his grandfather wants him to do. He can give up riding the bike but he won't ever give up Yeri.

"What are you smiling about?" Jimin hyung sat on his desk.

Jungkook put his hands in his pocket and shake his head still smiling. "Nothing."

Jimin grumpily stared ahead. "I wish I could also smile just because of nothing."

Jungkook chuckled. "What's with you hyung?"

"Nothing."

Just then Hoseok and Yoongi hyung came inside. What's with his hyung suddenly going there?

"Yo!" Hoseok waved at his hand at Jungkook before putting his arm over his shoulder.

Jungkook then knew why he was there.

"I don't have her number." he said nonchalantly.

"Who?" Jimin inclined.

"Yeri's friend." Jungkook asked shortly.

"Ahh... Seulgi and Wendy, was it? They are both pretty, just so you know I have my eyes set on Seulgi." Jimin said.

Jungkook looked at Jimin, what's this all about? Was he too preoccupied of Yeri to notice his hyung and her friends? Right, he was the one who took them home back at the hospital.

"Yes, yes, you can have her. I want Wendy anyway." Hoseok waved his hand at Jimin as if dismissing him and turned to Jungkook again.

"Can you ask Yeri her number?"

"Why don't you just ask her directly?" Yoongi said for the first time since they arrive.

"I have their number." Jimin waved his phone over Hoseok showing his contacts.

Hoseok immediately went to Jimin's side acting as if he'll get his phone but Jimin hide his phone immediately. The two of them bickered while Yoongi sat on Jungkook's desk.

"You're grandfather wants to talk to you after class." He informed him. "You're really going to give up?" He asked after. "Racing I mean."

Jungkook put his hands in his pocket and stared at him. "No."

Yoongi then questionly stared at him.

"If it were the past me." Jungkook elaborated. "Racing was my everything, you know that hyung... but when she came to my life, it feels like I found a treasure... much more valuable than racing."

Yoongi stared at him then smirked, shaking his head after. He just realized that Jungkook and his girlfriend are much more mature than them who are his friends and much older than him. They grew up loving the material things that their parents gave them mistaking it as a love for them. Jungkook was the same with them before, he just found someone to love other than the material things that he has now. Yoongi found that strange about love.

After class, Jungkook went to his grandfather's office, he's the president of the school. He was thinking what he should do to make his grandfather accept Yeri, he doesn't care about their opinion but he was thinking that if they knew Yeri, he just feel that his family will change bind from the fame and wealth far from Yeri who lived normally by herself. He knows that her heart will reach them, she has lots of it.

He went inside and stood on the middle room of his grandfather's office. He was a bit scared that he's father will ban him from taking education but if he back down now, his effort will go in vain and it might cause him to lose Yeri.

His grandfather stood by the window holding onto his crane, he turn around when he felt Jungkook there.

"You're hard-headedness is really like your mother." He walked towards Jungkook and used his crane to hit Jungkook at the back of his legs making him fall on the floor kneeling. He winced but tried not to make it obvious.

"Do you know why I'm letting you off the hook? It's because of your father. He can't bring himself to punish you, so I'll be the who will punish you instead." His grandfather hit his legs once more. This time Jungkook fell down but supported himself so he was on the floor on all fours.

"I'll hit your legs until you can't walk, that way you won't be able to ride your bike anymore and see the girl who ruined your life! You're really going to give up everything for her? hah! that's the most stupid thing I've ever heard. When I was your age, I didn't complain when I married your grandmother, what is so difficult about it? The girl you're bound to marry doesn't compare to her, you're just being stubborn." His father walked around his desk and sat down on a chair.

Jungkook just clenched his jaw while looking down on the floor. He can't bear to hear his father's nonsense talk.

"I have many options on what I can do to you... or to that girl."

Jungkook abruptly stood up leaning his hand on the table. "Don't you ever touch her. You don't know what I can do to ruin your reputation."

His grandfather didn't even seem fazed. "You can try." He looked up at the door. "Let her in!"

Jungkook turned around when the door opened and his eyes widen when he saw Yeri being pushed inside by the two man in black suit. He suddenly felt strange upon seeing her.

She didn't look scared nor she was crying. She was emotionless.

***

A/N

Last one or two chapters. Thank you for reading ! :*