Prologue

OLIVIA

I hate men. I hate them all. They've never proven to be good in my eyes. All they do is cause pain. They destroy and hurt the ones that love them the most.

My dad made my mom think he was madly in love with her, took her to bed, and when he found out she was pregnant, he left her like the grown man he was.

I rolled my eyes in frustration as I brewed an espresso.

My mom got through it though. She sobered up fast and became the strong woman that raised me to be who I am today. She inspired me to be strong, to never rely on a man, for anything at all. They weren't dependable. They were frail, their words so easily were broken by their inability to hold on to commitments.

Were all men horrible? You may ask.

I mean, I guess not, but most of them were. And I got the proof.

Married men or even taken men, in general, have wondering eyes. Whenever I go to the club, which has become more and more frequent with time, I like to test out my theory: men are not to be trusted.

And they prove me right every single time.

As soon as their lady walks away for a moment and I give them an opening, they come running, ready to break their promises to their lover. They disregard their girls' feelings, what they deserve.

And I hate them for it every single time.

So I document it as well as I can, either by taking a picture right then and there of them acting inappropriately with me or on a date later that week (which they always end up begging for).

Then, I turn on them. I tell them either they tell their girl that they're cheating or I will.

I usually give them about five minutes to decide before I take matters into my own hands.

See, they don't deserve patience.

They don't deserve kindness or any sort of respect.

And they surely don't deserve any love.

At least not from me.

▪▪▪A/N: Hey everyone. Welcome to my new story. I hope you enjoy it. I've been meaning to write this story for a long time, I've just been cowardly about it just because I've never read a story about this subject before. But seeing how much y'all liked Nicholas Grey Must Not Die, I thought I'd be brave again and post this story. I hope you enjoy it. Please let me know your thoughts in the comments below. Thank you so much for reading!!!!! I hope to see you next time, which should be very soon since I'm so excited about this story lol.