19 | Aspen

(please don't forget to comment and vote. thank you so much for all the support)

~~~

"Is it easier to stay? Is it easier to go? I don't wanna know, oh. But I know that I'm never, ever gonna change and you know you don't want it any other way"

~ Easier

OLIVIA

I was amidst a water balloon war when I saw Hunter and the guys come back out of the house. They'd gone in about an hour ago and I've been worried the whole time they were in there.

What were they talking about?

Was everything okay?

I mean, what if Hunter did as I advised and the whole thing blew up in his face?

A large water balloon smacked me right in the face and was followed by another that landed on my eye.

I grunted at the pain, immediately closing my eyes. And when I tried opening them moments later, my vision was too blurry.

I tried shaking my head, but when I took a step forward, I was way off balance.

I almost fell before one of the guys next to me held me up.

"Oh shit," someone said from far away, the air thickening in concern.

I shook my head again, pushing against the guy holding me up so that he was no longer supporting me. I tried to pretend as if I could see clearly and said, "Don't worry, I'm good. I just need to get cleaned up."

"You sure?" The guys next me whispered.

I nodded, laughing nonchalantly. I took a very careful step, breathing out a relief when my lightheadedness didn't overwhelm me. "See? It was just a fluke. I'm totally fine. Keep playing!"

Slowly but surely, the game resumed. My vision also slowly but surely got better, though I still couldn't see as well as I'd like.

I aimed to get inside to the bathroom and it took me almost forever just to make it inside.

The stairs were a royal plain to climb. I could see the steps, but it was too blurry so my depth perception was off.

Eventually, through sweats and almost tears, I made it up the stairs. I opened the first door I touched and when I saw a large bed, my plan evaporated. I just wanted to rest my head for a little. It had been a long day and I needed to close my eyes.

So, instead of trying to clear my blurry vision, I walked over and laid down on the bed. The smell of Hunter overwhelmed my senses all at once and a sort of calm took over me. I snuggled against the pillow and before I knew it, I was out.

The next thing I knew, I was being covered by a heavy yet warm and soft blanket. I tried to blink but my eyes were closed. I was so warm and fuzzy, I decided to ignore what was happening and go back to sleep.

But then I smelled him. I felt his lips come closer and closer until they pressed a soft kiss on my forehead.

"Hmm," I hummed, slowly opening my eyes.

He moved away fast. "Oh shit, I didn't mean to wake you up. Go back to sleep."

"No, no," I started, getting cut off by a yawn, "stay."

"I was looking for you everywhere. I almost thought you left," he said, sitting down next to where I laid. "I even left you pathetic  voicemails cause you weren't answering your phone."