28 | Found

(please don't forget to comment and vote. thank you so much for all the support)

***

"Like you weren't surprised, you opened up the door and made me question everything I believed before...Put my hope in all the wrong places. It made me see the things I wanted. Guess I made all the right mistakes 'cause look what we found. Now I've stumbled right into your love"

~ Right into Your Love (Chapters)

OLIVIA

After a long debate with Aria, I decided-well, technically she convinced me-to meet my mom at the fresh market the next Saturday instead of chickening out. Hunter was laughing at me as he drank his coffee and watched me force myself out of bed only to come to the kitchen with a frown. I ate breakfast too slow and he knew I was battling with myself about going.

Now, though, I'm glad I went. Looking to the back seat of my car at all the things I'd bought, I let out a laugh. We went around tying samples of the cheeses, breads and jams and everything in between. And of course, I had to pick up almost everything we tried, because it was all delicious.

Hanging out with her didn't feel much different from the past. Sure, I would pause sometimes and remember what she'd done, but I was trying to move forward. And in order to do that, I needed to learn to let it go. I was working on that. Slowly but surely, I was getting somewhere.

After the fresh market, we went back to her place. We baked her infamous apple pies and had lunch together while watching our guilty pleasure, Gossip Girl. My heart was lighter when I left with two extra pies in hand: one she made only for Hunter and another for me and Hunter to share. I almost laughed, but refrained. She was trying and I didn't want her to think I was making fun of her. I liked that she liked him. It meant a lot, regardless of the circumstances.

I needed to thank Aria for convincing me to go. Hunter didn't want to push me into a decision, but Aria didn't care. She basically shoved me into it, but I knew she meant well. And it also had gone well; so I owe her a lot. Making a mental note of that, I pressed on the gas when the red light turned green and made the right turn into Hunter's street. I bit my lip when I saw his car in the driveway and hurried to park my car.

I shut off the engine, grabbed the things I'd bought, along with the two pies, and walked to the front door. My hands were too full to use my key so I rang the bell, instead. I only waited a moment before he opened the door.

"Hey," I smiled, gesturing to the pies I was holding, "look what I brought."

His eyes moved to the pies and he groaned. "That better be for me, beautiful."

I moved closer. "What if it's not?"

"Then you won't be allowed in," he teased.

I huffed. "You're so mean to me."

"Am I?"

I nodded. "What kind of boyfriend doesn't allow his girlfriend to come inside?"

"What kind of girlfriend doesn't give her boyfriend the pie he wants?" He bit back, crossing his arms. He was watching me with that special look in his eyes and it made my knees weak.

I narrowed my eyes at him. "The kind whose boyfriend won't let her in." I tried to add bite to my words to match him, but knew I was failing when he started grinning at me. I was screwed from the start because he was too handsome and not a cell in my body can handle it.