14 | Icy

(please don't forget to comment and vote. thank you so much for all the support)

~~~

"Why you out so late, dancing with your fake friends, getting in a state? When the good guys come why'd you run away? Why'd you hurt them?"

~ Colder (Colder)

OLIVIA

The following four days went smoother than I expected. I spoke to Aria, falsely thinking it would be a quick call. She forced me to facetime her and grilled me for information. Needless to say, I confessed everything. Even about Amber. She didn't like that I was lying to one of my-our-friends. I heard her silently urging me to come clean. To be honest, though, thinking about Amber stressed me way too much and with what was going on with Hunter, I didn't need the additional stress. So, I put it on the back burner until it was the right time to address it. 

Hunter took the food to the hospital that afternoon and came back with a huge smile on his face. They'd loved it. So, I made more for him to take every day he went until Peter was discharged yesterday. I still made food for today just in case, but Hunter threatened to lock me in the bathroom if I tried to cook again for tomorrow. 

"You've done more than enough," he said as I got ready to go into the kitchen. 

I shook my head, putting down my glass of water. "Peter needs to eat. They all do."

"They can order food if need be," he replied, "and Peter's parents are here now, so they can take over that. You don't have to exert yourself so much anymore, Liv."

"I'm not exerting myself in any way; I love cooking," I argued, "I just want to help."

He muted the movie we were watching and scooted closer to me. "You took off a whole week to be with me and you spend hours on hours every night cooking. And they all appreciate it. I do, too. I love that you care. But I hate that you're drowning yourself in things to do because you're afraid I'm not okay."

"I'm not drowning myself, Hunter. This is normally the amount of work I do at work anyway," I tried to shrug it off. 

He gave me a look. "You're still working from your laptop. At least, take this time to relax."

I scrunched up my nose, earning me a chuckle. "Is that an order?"

He shook his head, grinning at me. "As much as I'd love to say yes, no, it isn't. It's just a suggestion."

My heart thumped a bit faster as I lingered on why he'd love to say yes. "I'll take it into consideration, Davis."

"Still using my last name, huh?"

I gave him a shrug. "Eh, sometimes it sounds better than Hunter."

He pursed his lips for a moment. "I'm not sure if that was an insult or a compliment."

"Both."

"How sweet of you."

"I try," I taunted him, "I know you have a sweet tooth that needs taking care of and I take that very seriously."

"Do you now?"

"Mhmm. I always have."

He eyed me with amusement. "When have you ever seen me have something sweet?"

I sputtered for a second, coming up at a loss. "You had cheesecake at the Cheesecake Factory!" I practically yelled at last.

He laughed. "I had a bite of yours and-"