Epilogue

OLIVIA

I fiddled with my fingers as Hunter pulled the car into the parking lot of the building Peter had aqcuired. Nerves had filled my every thought ever since Noah agreed to meet with Hunter and I in person a couple of days ago. For a second, though, memories of when Hunter first brought me here flashed before my eyes as he parked towards the back of the lot. A sense of pride rose up in my throat as I thought how far they have all come, especially Hunter. 

Today was the ribbon-cutting ceremony for Peter's firm and we were celebrating all the hard work the guys had put into getting everything ready. I was dressed in a off-white dress mom had helped me pick out and I felt comforted, especially right now, knowing and thanking God that I hadn't let her go.

My eyes flew to Hunter's when he covered my hands with his. "You okay?"

I exhaled slowly, giving him a short nod. "I will be. I'm just nervous."

"We're not meeting with Noah until tomorrow, Liv."

"I know, I know. I'm just overthinking everything. I mean, what if I'm not what he expects? What if he doesn't want me, even after all this?"

His eyes warmed. "He told me he's excited to see you. You have a lot to catch up on. Plus, there's no way you'll disappoint his expectations."

A smile tugged on my lips. "You think so?"

"I know so."

The loud chatter from outside caught my attention when loud cheers erupted. I turned my head to look out the windshield, catching Chris arriving with Mable, the brunette he'd been seeing for a while now. Peter followed right behind. Alone.

"Delilah's not coming?" I whispered to Hunter, watching Abel and Benji greet them, followed by the crowd that was forming. All of his employees, partners, and their families were invited. And me? I was itching to see what they've done inside. I mean, it won't look too different from any other law firm. But this was special. It was something the guys did together. They experienced something so tragic here and were able to get up better and stronger. That was what made this so exciting.

He turned to me with a heart-melting smile. "No. He's a single man."

"Wow." My eyes were wide. I knew about some of the progress they made in therapy, but not all. "That's wild. How's he holding up?"

"He said he's staying single for at least a year, you know until he can get back on his feet. And if he ever feels like calling her...he'll call one of us." There was a moment of doubt that flashed over his voice, but he shook it off. "She did a lot of damage, but nobody's irreparable."

Wrapping my hands around his arm, I snuggled closer. "You don't have to share any more about their relationship than you want, babe."

He glanced down at me and the vulnerability in his eyes was humbling. "Yeah?"

I gave him a reassuring kiss on his cheek before leaning back to look up into his eyes again. "Of course. It's between you guys. I'm just here to support you."

A large smile took over his face, making me smile automatically. "I fucking love you, you know that?"

"No, can you say it again?"

He grinned down at me. "Nope."

"Ugh. You're so not romantic."

At that, he squinted his eyes at me. I bit my lip to keep from laughing at his feigned serious face. "What part of what I said isn't romantic?"

"The "fucking" part and you refusing to repeat it," I stated matter-of-factly.

"The word emphasizes that I love you, feisty," he chuckled, "stop acting stupid."