2 | Low

"I swear I saw you comin'. I'm a fool for wantin'. You don't wanna be rushed. You don't wanna be touched. It's a shame girls like you don't know how to love. Try to give you my all, but it's not enough"
~ Falling (8 Letters)

OLIVIA

It took me a whole week to recover from that fiasco with him. A whole week to rejuvenate and convince myself that I was right. I wasn't wrong in believing what I did about men. I'd been proven right too many times to be wrong. 

With that in mind, I walked back into the same bar all calm and collected as always. As soon as my feet stepped inside the bar, though, my nerves ticked up.

I walked to the bar and ordered a neat whiskey, needing something strong tonight. My nerves were in a knot for some reason and it irked me that I couldn't calm down. I took a hard swing of my drink and ordered another one. The bartender looked at me like I was crazy but prepared another drink nonetheless. 

The was when my eyes caught sight of him. He was here again. I wanted to ignore him. I wanted to go on with my ways, to hunt and take down my prey, because I knew they deserved it. Or at least, I'd known it. I shook my head at myself. One heated conversation could not and will not change my ways nor my mind. It was decided and I was sure. But I still wanted to talk to him, to be near him and I didn't know why. 

Perhaps, if I got a bit closer to him, my thirst would be quenched. Maybe I'd realize he was truly one of them. Then, I wouldn't have this need to be near him anymore.

I nodded to myself in agreement. I grabbed my drink and purse before making my way to where he sat eyeing something on his phone. 

My breathing fastened as I got closer. The many ladies that were eyeing him turned their eyes to me when I reached his side. I could feel their glares as I took the seat next to him.

"Didn't think I'd see you here again," I said, practically panting for some reason.

He looked up from his phone, his eyes landing on me. His expression remained blank as he took me in. He immediately returned his attention back to his phone. "Can't say the same about you."

His dismissal hurt, to say the least. "You're not even gonna say hi?"

"Why do you care? You hate me, remember?" His tone was sharp. He looked around, already bored with the conversation.

My heart pounded. "I didn't mean it so personally." 

He looked at me, his gaze cutting right through me. "You were very clear about what you meant. You had a list, too."

I sighed, closing my eyes for just a second. "I didn't think you would be as offended."

When I opened my eyes, I caught him scrolling through his phone. He was dismissal when he spoke. "I didn't realize you were thinking at all."

"What do you want me to say?" I heaved, his recent blow leaving me even more breathless and confused.

"Nothing."

I nodded firmly. It dawned on me that what I had said last week had really made him think less of me. There was no respect between us. The playful way in which he'd approached me last week was nowhere to be found. For some reason, my heart hurt as I took in his coldness. He was typing away at his phone, totally ignoring the fact that I was sitting right there. I swallowed my pride, deciding not to lure any other men when he was at the same place. It was time to call it a night anyway.

I stood, paid the bartender and left the bar. I called an Uber and decided to wait out front rather than inside as always. The two glasses of whiskey were starting to hit me as I stood there contemplating how I ended up here, dismissed by a man, feeling horrible because of a man. I really needed to reevaluate this weak point in my life and slap some sense into myself.