17 | Dilemma

(please don't forget to comment and vote.)

"My asylum is in your arms. When the world gives heavy burdens, I can bear a thousand times on your shoulder. I can reach an endless sky, feels like paradise. Put two and to-gether, for-ever will never change
Two and to-gether will never change"

~ Uncover (Uncover)

OLIVIA

The smell of coffee woke me up. I let out a groan, rubbing my eyes as I stretched. The blinds were still closed, but the sunlight fighting to peek through was enough to let me know Hunter was up. As much as I wanted to go back to sleep, I wanted more to go to him.

So, I pushed the heavy covers off me and went to the restroom to take care of business. I used the extra toothbrush he'd given me when I stayed over the past few days to brush my teeth. I finger-combed my hair and put it into a bun to hide how badly I needed to wash it. Once I washed and dried my face, I turned off the light and made my way down the stairs and to the kitchen. I could hear Hunter humming along to whoever the artist was that was performing on GMA.

As soon as I caught full sight of him, I smiled. He was shirtless and wearing black sweats as he maneuvered around his kitchen. His back was to me while he scrambled some eggs on the stove. I stood there for a solid minute, just taking in the cut lines on his back that lined his well-defined muscles. He looked so good, like a tall glass of ice water on a hot summer day. My mouth watered and I licked my lips when my eyes traveled to his arms. Instinctively, I walked closer, his presence pulling me in. As soon as I reached him, I wrapped my arms around his waist and laid my cheek on his back.

He almost startled. "Oh, shit. You almost scared of me."

I grinned. "Sorry, I couldn't help myself."

His free hand wrapped around mine. "How'd you sleep?"

"Really good. You're really comfortable."

He laughed. "Thanks, Maleficent."

My head rose. "Still calling me that, huh?"

"Does it bother you?"

I considered him for a second. "What if it did?"

"I guess I'll stop."

My eyebrows furrowed. "But thick skin, remember?"

He shook his head. "I said that about differing opinions. I'm not gonna call my girlfriend a nickname that obviously bothers her."

My breath hitched in my throat and I tightened my hold on his waist. "Say that again," I whispered, unable to hide how affected I was by his words.

"I'm not gonna call you Maleficent if it bothers you, Liv," he rephrased, turning off the stove.

"No, no," I mumbled against his back, "the first part."

"The first part?" his voice trailed off as he tried to recall. Then it hit him, "was it the word girlfriend?"

I nodded frantically.

He chuckled softly. Then he turned around, not breaking my hold. And when I saw his handsome face for the first time today, pride flooded my bloodstream. He placed a finger below my chin and raised my head so I could make direct eye contact. "You are my girlfriend."

"And you're mine."

"I most certainly am not your girlfriend, Liv," he teased, a wolfish grin playing on his lips.