16 | Shattered

(please don't forget to comment and vote. thank you so much for all the support)

~~~

"You've got that power over me, my my. Everything I hold dear resides in those eyes. You've got that power over me, my my. The only one I know, the only one on my mind. You've got that power over me"

~ Power Over Me (Dermont Kennedy)

OLIVIA

I sat in my car, fighting hard to keep the tears that had filled my eyes from falling. My throat hurt and I felt like I couldn't breathe properly. I was parked on the road in front of Hunter's house. The words I had to tell him were so heartbreaking and words I never thought I would be saying. Now that I had to, though, I wanted to do anything but.

I couldn't get myself out of the car. My heart broke more and more the more I thought about why I was here.

The headlights of a car passing by brought me out of my thoughts. Reality struck: I couldn't stay out here forever. I needed to see him.

Sniffing, I killed the engine and got out of the car. Dragging my heavy legs up his stairs, I rang the doorbell.

My fingers fidgeted as I waited for him to answer. The sound of his footsteps shuffling against the carpet perked my ears up. I gulped, my nerves rising the closer he got.

When he finally opened the door, I realized I'd woken him up. His hair was a mess, sticking up in every which way. His eyes were half shut, that was until he took me in. They widened then just a bit.

"Liv?" His voice was low and raspy as he took a step closer.

My resolve shattered at the sound of his voice. It had only been a few hours since I left him, but I didn't realize how much I had missed him until now. Just hearing him say my name was enough to remind me why I was here.

Taking quick steps to where he stood, I grabbed his face as gently as I could and kissed him. A sort of relief flooded my body. This was what I've been aching for a while now. This contact; I've needed it for so long. And now that I have it, I couldn't let go.

His soft lips froze for a second, but he slowly responded. His arms wrapped around my waist and brought me up against his body. A soft groan escaped him as I ran my fingers into his hair. I kissed him with all the passion I could muster. I wanted him to know I chose him, that I wanted him, that I would stand up for him against all those who would wrongly accuse him. I was choosing him. With every part of me, I was choosing him.

I softly bit his bottom lip and pulled away. His arms tightened their hold on my waist.

He opened his eyes then, a small smile pulling at his lips. "What was that for, feisty?"

I swallowed hard. "Amber made me choose between you and her," I pecked his lips quickly, "and I chose you."

He blinked, his smile faltering. "I know I'm great and all, but that's your best friend. Are you sure?"

I laughed. "I'm more than sure. A best friend wouldn't attack the man I like for just needing my help in handling a difficult situation. A best friend would support me. My best friend is Aria. She stood up for you against Amber and that's who I need on my side."

His smile returned, making my heart feel like it was about to combust in joy. His smile was breathtaking.

"If you're sure, then okay," he said.