23 | Giddy

Hi, everyone. Long time since I've written on here. With COVID-19, school was stressful for the past few months and I couldn't get myself to sit down and write. Now that the semester is over, I will be studying for a grad school entrance exam and plan on writing the entire summer!

Most importantly, I wanted to wish all of you well and I hope that every one of you and your family is safe. Life is hard right now, not only with the heartbreaking deaths caused by this virus but with every other devastation it's brought with it. I hope I can offer some sort of escape with this update. I will be updating way more because I think we all need to think of something else just for a little while.

I hope you have a good day, even in these times. 

This, too, shall pass.

~~~

"My, my name was safest in your mouth and why'd you have to go and spit it out? Oh, your voice, it was the most familiar sound, but it sounds so dangerous to me now"

~ I Have Questions (CAMILA)

OLIVIA

"Honey, what are you doing here this early?" my mom asked, sitting down next to me with a mug in her hands. She watched with me with cautious eyes as I took a sip of my tea. She'd happily demanded I have lunch when I showed up unannounced, but I said no. Hunter was waiting outside and besides, I was way too anxious to be eating right now. I'd planned on introducing her to Hunter when she confirmed what I wanted to be the truth; she hadn't lied to me about my father. I was going to tell her about my new boyfriend and I was going to the two most important people in my life with each other. I was almost as giddy as I was nervous. The two emotions did not mix well and I almost felt sick as I sat in my childhood home, eyeing the TV and taking another sip of the tea she forced me to drink. If I wasn't going to eat, I was going to have a drink at least. That's how she rolled. 

"We need to talk, mom," I took in a breath, trying to shake off my nerves. "I have some things I want to ask you."

Her eyebrows narrowed. "Liv, you're shaking. What's wrong?"

I shook my head fast. "I'm fine."

She looked at me warily but didn't address it any further. "Okay, if you say so. What did you wanna ask me?"

I swallowed hard, trying to ignore the loud sound of my heart beating in my ear. "I...I did a uh...DNA test...and," I shuddered as I inhaled, "I think I found...my father."

She froze. "What?"

The croak in her voice troubled me and my confidence in her wavered. "I found him, mom. I did a DNA test and it's all true. And when I talked to him...he said he doesn't remember getting anyone pregnant. He's lying, right?"

Tears had sprung to her eyes while I was talking. Her face contorted into that of anguish and such discomfort that a lump lodged in my throat at the thought of why she was reacting this way. 

"Mom," I whispered, my voice breaking, "he's lying, right? Please tell me he's lying."

She kept looking at me with those heartbroken eyes. It hurt to see her cry. It also hurt to imagine her lying to me for my entire life. It all hurt too much. "No! He has to be lying. He knew I existed and he abandoned me and he abandoned you. He left! Right?" I was begging her to tell me I was right. To comfort me in that my mother, the person I loved and trusted the most in the world, hasn't been lying to me...my entire life. My giddiness over the day fell apart and all that was left was my nervousness. It took over, overwhelming me all at once.