t w e n t y n i n e: You're On

It's been two days since Roman found out about Logan and me, and I miraculously had somehow convinced Roman to calm down about it since then. I called him ten times in a row until he answered, apologizing profusely for not telling him sooner. Even after apologizing, he was still a bit reluctant to be okay with everything, and honestly, I don't think he ever would be. I basically just told Roman that it's only a relationship, it's not like I'm marrying Logan and that I would still hang out with him all the time. After my speech, his resentment seemed to subside a little, but it wasn't until I began singing "Sorry" by Justin Bieber that he finally started cracking up laughing and talking to me like we're best friends again.

Now it was Wednesday and Darren, Gemma, Roman, and I were all sitting at lunch together, talking about random things. Roman started sitting with us a couple of weeks ago, and although Gemma was terrified at first, she was beginning to warm up to Roman. Gemma, Darren, and he were actually becoming pretty good acquaintances which made me ecstatic. However, Roman still liked to prank Gemma every now and again by pretending that she had done something to piss him off. She almost peed her pants....and so did I from laughing so hard. 

Roman was sitting to my left on one side of the table while Gemma and Darren were seated next to each other on the other side. There were definitely a lot of people staring at the 'bad boy' eating lunch with the 'goody-goodies' the first couple of days Roman sat here, but by now people were mostly used to it. We were all eating our food discussing our favorite TV shows when it got quiet for a few moments, but soon the silence was filled. 

"I bet I can shove this whole thing in my mouth," Darren contemplates while looking over the hamburger in his hands. 

"Please don't," Roman says, cringing just envisioning it. 

"Yeah that would not be pretty," Gemma says, sticking her tongue out in disgust. 

"I say do it," I tell him, honestly wanting to see Darren make a fool out of himself. 

"See Tess is the only one out of you lot who actually believes in me!" Darren says defiantly, reaching across the table to give me a fist bump. I giggle and nudge my fist against his. 

"I'm pretty sure she's just saying that so she can laugh at you," Roman snorts as he takes a bite of his apple before winking at me like he knows my secrets. 

"Wow so none of you are actually on my side," Darren says, shaking his head at all of us before squinting his eyes towards Roman and I. "Well, of course, you two are all buddy-buddy over there making fun of me!" he exclaims, throwing his hands up in the air. 

"What's that supposed to mean?" Roman chuckles, tossing his apple in the air then catching it again. Oh gosh. Darren was about to accuse us of being "romantically involved" again and I had no clue how Roman was going to react to that. Even though both Gemma and Darren knew that I was seeing Logan now, they continued to make comments about how "in love" Roman and I are. 

"It means that you guys are attached at the hip and always whispering or giggling about something," Gemma rolls her eyes at Roman's question as if the answer should be obvious. 

"Guys really-" I try to stop the comments before Roman speaks up over me. 

"Well yeah, Tess and I have hella inside jokes that you two are unworthy of knowing," Roman smirks at them, proud of himself for his lightning-fast retort. 

"What?!" Gemma yells, mouth gaping open. "Tessa that's our thing," she pouts, sticking her bottom lip out. 

"Awe don't worry Gemma you're still my favorite inside joke buddy," I laugh as I try to make her feel better.