f i f t y t h r e e: Everything

Thursday went by super fast, so before I could even blink it was Friday. Also known as the day before prom. Most girls would be super excited about this, but I was overly anxious and nervous about it. The fact that tomorrow night Rick could possibly be getting arrested and thrown out of Roman and Brody's lives for good was weighing in the back of my mind on a constant loop. 

The chances of this happening were obviously the best case scenario, but the chances of something horrible going wrong was eating away at me. Roman kept assuring me that everything would go according to the plan, but I couldn't help the feeling that something wasn't right. Every time that feeling surfaced I shook it off, opting to put all my faith and trust in Roman. He had made sure we would have everything set up and ready by the time it was time to put our plan into motion. 

While I was planning on going straight home after school to prepare myself for the soon to come events of Saturday, Roman had other plans for me. 

"Meet @ my apartment. 7 sharp. Don't be late ;) <3" his text read on my phone. I smiled down at it, shaking my head at his cuteness before slinging my bag over my shoulder and leaving the school building for the day. I don't know why he felt the need to text me that instead of just asking me in person at some point during the school day, but then again Roman tends to go about things in an unconventional way. He most likely knew I would bombard him with nonstop questions about whatever he had planned if he asked me in person anyway. 

I met Casey at my car so I could drive him home, seeing as he didn't have baseball after school today. "Took ya long enough," he huffs at me as he notices my arrival. I roll my eyes, pulling my car door open. 

"And you know that I could let you walk home, right?" On that note, Casey jumps in the passenger side without hesitation, making me laugh.

 We arrive home, Casey running straight to his bedroom the minute he steps foot inside. I, on the other hand, had some time to kill before I had to go to Roman's, seeing as it was currently only three in the afternoon. 

I actually didn't know what to do to kill my spare time, though. I could always read. I hadn't actually had time to sit down with a good book in a while since I had been so busy. I nod my head at my mental suggestion, deciding to pull out a classic: The Hunger Games. 

I read through half of the book, sprawled out on the couch until the clock finally reaches 6:30. When I notice the time, I begin to feel giddy over seeing Roman. I knew this wasn't going to be just another day of us hanging out, like usual. I could tell by the ambiguity of his text message that he most likely had something planned. 

I rush upstairs to my room, deciding to change out of my boring school clothes into something a little cuter. I trade in my boring jeans and crop top for a cute spring dress and sandals, feeling content with my new outfit. After sending my mom a quick text telling her I was heading to Roman's, I was on my way. 

My muscles had memorized the route to Roman's apartment to where I didn't even have to think about where I was going. The ride felt extremely short despite my peaked nerves as I constantly think over what Roman had going on in his head. Maybe he wanted to talk further about our plan for tomorrow, but I seriously doubted that considering his text message seemed kind of flirty in my opinion. 

I arrive at Roman's apartment complex, pulling into a parking spot fairly close to the double doors leading inside. After making sure my car is locked, I make my way to the doors, feeling the cool air rush out when I pull them open. The ride in the elevator was filled with tension emitting from my body. Not necessarily in a bad way, I just hated not knowing what to expect.