t h i r t y f o u r: Be With You

"Tessa!" Gemma grumbles, yet I was hardly paying her any attention."Tessa, can you even hear what I'm saying to you right now?"

"I'm sorry, what were we talking about again?" I ask stupidly, finally snapping back to reality after drifting off into space.

"Geez, how much sleep did you get last night?" Gemma scrunches her nose up at me, obviously displeased.

"None," I huff, crossing my arms over my chest. I was too busy letting my mind wander to Roman and his stupid messy brown hair, his dumb green eyes, and his annoying scent of mint that seemed to never wear off and-

"Yeah you can really tell," Darren says matter of factly, cutting me off from my wandering thoughts. What a charmer he was.

I shift my glare to him, not bothering to even respond. "What?" he asks exasperated at the death glare he was receiving from both me and now Gemma too.

"You can't just say that to a girl, Darren!" Gemma punches his arm lightly, rolling her eyes. "You pretty much just told her that she looks bad!"

"Well, she's looked better!" Darren attempts to defend himself. I drop my glare once I realize that he's just being honest, and his honesty was absolutely correct.

"I mean you're not wrong. I didn't even bother covering up my dark circles or wearing something semi-presentable," I glance down at my oversized sweatshirt, yoga pants, and Uggs. I really have looked better.

"Seriously what were you doing last night that caused you to not sleep at all?" Gemma pesters before widening her eyes at her own question.

"OMG!" she wails, "Please don't tell me that Logan brought you back to his place and you guys-"

"EW NO, stop please I beg you!" I cut her off, covering my face with my hands.

"I already told you we got into a fight and I'm pretty sure he flirts with other girls behind my back all the time," I say, finally looking up at Gemma again.

"Well, I mean some people have a kink for angry-" Darren begins before being cut off by Gemma this time and not me.

"Darren, does Tess really look like someone who would be into something like that?" she shakes her head at the sky like what he was insinuating was the most ridiculous thing she's ever heard. However, she was very right- I was not the kind of person to be into something like that. I shudder just at the thought.

Darren simply shrugs his shoulders, "I don't know, some girls keep things like that secret," he mutters, playing with the hem of his sweater. Gemma and I both choose to ignore him.

"Anyway," I say to switch topics, "back to the topic at hand, I'm pretty sure I'm gonna end things with Logan."

"Well now would be the perfect time to tell him," Gemma deadpans, looking behind me. I furrow my eyebrows at her, "What do you mean?"

"Cause here he comes," she makes a small pointing gesture behind me. I swivel around on the bench I was currently sitting on in Town Square, wanting to facepalm upon seeing Logan striding towards where Darren, Gemma, and I were sitting. The irony of it all was too real. What are the odds that once we start talking about Logan he miraculously shows up out of thin air?

"I guess you're right. Now or never," I sigh as I stand up. "Wish me luck," I grumble before turning to walk to Logan.

We meet halfway, both of us not wanting to be the first to speak. I decide to just suck it up and get it all over with.

"We need to talk-"

"I need to tell you-"

Logan and I both attempt to be the first one to say something causing me to smile sheepishly. "You first," I nod my head at him, rubbing the back of my neck nervously.