t h i r t y n i n e: Stay Away

A couple of days after mine and Roman's impromptu date in my backyard, things seemed to be going back to normal. I hadn't received any new notes and I hoped whoever sent the first two were done with whatever joke they thought they were pulling. 

The only thing that really changed was mine and Roman's relationship, but not at all in a bad way. Ever since he and Brody had moved into their apartment our routine had been that after my practice I go over and hang out with them for an hour or two before heading home for dinner. We spent that hour mostly watching movies or watching Roman fail miserably in his attempts to cook something actually edible, but he was getting better with practice. 

Today though was not so pleasant. I was right a few days ago when I predicted that my period was coming, and it came showing no mercy. I already had bad cramps as it is, but for some reason today they hurt so much more than usual. 

So, that's how I ended up laid here on Roman's couch with my feet in his lap and a heating pad pressed against my abdomen while "The Amazing Spiderman" played in the background. 

I wasn't really interested in watching the movie because all I could focus on was the throbbing pain I felt although I took a Midol thirty minutes ago. As if sensing my discomfort, Roman reaches down and begins running his fingers up and down my legging clad legs with his gaze still locked on the screen. I sighed contently at how he didn't even have to ask me in order to know when I'm not feeling good. 

"Wow, I just love Spiderman so much!" Brody breaks the silence from his spot in the armchair he was occupying. I giggle softly at his pure adorableness. 

"Can I be him for Halloween?" Brody turns to Roman looking quizzical. 

Roman laughs at that and responds, "Brody, it's the middle of January."

"So? It's never too early to start planning ahead," Brody retorts matter of factly.

"Oh really now?" Roman questions before turning to me. "We should be Bonnie and Clyde," he wiggles his eyebrows at me. 

I burst into a fit of giggles and silently thank the universe that this conversation was taking my mind off of my death week. "I was thinking more of something like Jack and Sally, but that's okay too I guess."

"Oh, so are you saying that my idea isn't good enough for you?" Roman asks playfully, a feigned hurt expression gracing his face. 

"Yes, I am saying that!" I declare defiantly, knowing where this was going. 

"How dare you! I guess I have no choice left but to..." Roman trails off with a mischievous glint in his eyes, "Tickle you!" With that, Roman begins to tickle up and down my legs mercilessly, making be begin to holler with crazed laughter and squirm around on the couch. 

"Roman, stop!" I manage to get out in between laughs. 

"Not until you apologize!" he laughs evilly, continuing with his attack. 

"N-never!" I squeal, staying true to the stubborn side of my personality. 

"Ugh! I'll say it for you then!" Brody says exasperatedly. "Roman she's sorry, now will you stop tickling her so I can watch the movie in peace?" I just laugh louder at Brody being sassy even though Roman has finally stopped tickling me. However, my laughter fades when I notice the familiar feeling in-between my legs that happens when you laugh too hard while on your period...

My smile quickly fades and I sit up in a hurry. Roman looks over to me worried as he watches me grab my purse off of the floor which makes him ask, "Are you going home?"